Trader doesn't sells item on the listed price & blocks me

Neko

So, I had some spare time and went checking "matches" for my listings on bp

At the end of the page i found this guy (first buy order)

unknown.png

So, without wasting any second immediately clicked the button and constructed the offer. After I confirmed it on my tablet I were nervously refreshing trade offers page. And then...

Then my trade offer has been declined. Well, I can try again.

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

So, I tried to add him and write about this shocking accident. But I found myself blocked!

unknown.png?width=737&height=415

And the listing's still in the site, you can check it by yourself. What it could be? Price manipulation attempt? Forcing bot to overcut price? Joke on the poor traders like me?

It's pretty obvious that the dude meant to put a buy order for 7 ref, not 7 keys.

In any case, it's still an erroneous trade and should be reported to be removed.

2 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

It's pretty obvious that the dude meant to put a buy order for 7 ref, not 7 keys.

In any case, it's still an erroneous trade and should be reported to be removed.

Reporting that was the first thing that i did after finding myself blocked. Well, the trade order still remains unchanged and the trader's still online, maybe that's not the case?

2 minutes ago, Neko said:

maybe that's not the case?

No. It's still up because people are human. Site staff are not online 24/7 and when they are, have a backlog of reports, suggestions, and other duties to work on.

Similarly, the person who made the buy order is most likely unaware of the error, and has not taken it down or changed it and simply considered your trade offer to have been one created to troll or was born from illiteracy.

1 hour ago, Neko said:

What it could be? Price manipulation attempt? Forcing bot to overcut price? Joke on the poor traders like me?

... You have got to be new, trolling, or out to ruin this guy's day. It was incredibly obvious that he typed '7' in the keys box instead of the refined box.

From the context of your post you seem angered at what happened, so I think that you purposefully overlooked the fact that it might be an accidental buy order in hopes that you were gonna make 7 keys out of something that is worth a bit over 7 refined.

2 minutes ago, saveriocello said:

I'm pretty sure abusing buy orders like that is also a banable offense

Not in this situation. He might be warned for his error, but it is very obvious that this was a mistake and that he didn't mean to type 7 keys as a buy order.

One time I posted a buy order for a high value item, and Woifi sent me the item for my buy price. I was shorthanded on pure at the time and that trade would have taken all of my keys which I needed for other trades, so I declined and apologized for the situation. That was pretty jacked up on my part, but even then all I got was a warning. So I can't imagine that this guy deserves any punishment from this.

1 hour ago, FLAIMBOT_ said:

... You have got to be new, trolling, or out to ruin this guy's day. It was incredibly obvious that he typed '7' in the keys box instead of the refined box.

From the context of your post you seem angered at what happened, so I think that you purposefully overlooked the fact that it might be an accidental buy order in hopes that you were gonna make 7 keys out of something that is worth a bit over 7 refined.

Not in this situation. He might be warned for his error, but it is very obvious that this was a mistake and that he didn't mean to type 7 keys as a buy order.

One time I posted a buy order for a high value item, and Woifi sent me the item for my buy price. I was shorthanded on pure at the time and that trade would have taken all of my keys which I needed for other trades, so I declined and apologized for the situation. That was pretty jacked up on my part, but even then all I got was a warning. So I can't imagine that this guy deserves any punishment from this.

I saw a Same situation with this 2 days ago where a bot had a key for sale for 1 ref but kept declining

Tbh,i would've done the same thing but i wouldn't block tho. We all know that the buyer made a clear mistake.You seem that you want to abuse him.he made a clear mistake and because you couldn't get hat you wanted,you are trying to get him banned.thats not very nice

Archived