Problem with skin pricing

123rf

Recently I bought Strange Specialized Killstreak Dressed to Kill Sniper Rifle (Factory New) by insta-bid of 2 keys 10 ref on Scrap.

The problem is that the price suggested by BP is significantly lower than it should be and I'm uncertain about my calculations due to the fact that my Steam currency is RUB.

In RUB, this item's lowest price is 520.69 RUB which is equal to 4.16 keys. Currency exchange tells me that in USD it's price is 9.23$, which is also equal to 4.16 keys. (Calculations done by calculator.tf)

BP suggestion – 1.12 keys. Aaaand while writing all this I realised that it's equal to the price of this item without Spec. KS.

So, I'd like to know if I can do anything about this, and if yes, then how exactly.

Because of the nature of the items, Skins and Killstreaked items are valued by the current sales rates of the SCM.

Additionally, Killstreaked items, if they have no recent sales, will revert to the price of the base item. The reason for that is to help prevent an extremely common scam where a person would find an item on the SCM  with few/no listings (typically a Spec. KS Skin), then put one up on the SCM for a high price, then try to trick others into believing that the item is worth far more than it actually is.

4 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

If they have no recent sales, will revert to the price of the base item.

That explains everything. It had no sales for more than a week.

Feels bad.

On the other hand, I got a skin, which I always wanted, so why am I even complaining?

Archived