Allow users to edit their suggestions as long as it’s still open

Alice?

You can only edit suggestions and comments within one hour after it has been posted, and I think that’s a good thing, but in my opinion, you should be able to edit your suggestion (not comments; just the suggestion itself) whenever you want, as long as the suggestion is open.

That way, you can add more proof or fix mistakes without having to add more proof or correct yourself in the comments. It can be hard to find such comments if the suggestion has many comments.

I don’t know if this has been suggested before as I haven’t been active in the forums, but I think this would be a good change.

On 31/01/2018 at 7:35 PM, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

How are people meant to vote if you can change it whenever you feel like?

What do you mean? If somebody creates a price suggestion without evidence, it will be downvoted and closed. If somebody creates a price suggestion with good evidence, it will be upvoted and accepted, and the creator can edit it to add more proof.

I doubt anyone would edit a suggestion with good proof only to remove it or something. You can still create a suggestion with no proof and then later add proof that supports your proposed price, after a bunch of people have donated. The same goes for removing proof. The time period in which you would be able to do that would just be larger.

Archived