Friend wants a gaming laptop. ~1000-1400$ AUD

JayTuut

1 hour ago, Moose said:

It depends if he wants a prebuilt one. Or a custom built one.

I'd reccomend asking dat before doing such forum posts. But i'd recconmend a custom build ur much cheaper out depending on the parts As i am now selecting parts to build my own pc. I can probs find some time to find a decent start for his rig

12 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

I'd reccomend asking dat before doing such forum posts. But i'd recconmend a custom build ur much cheaper out depending on the parts As i am now selecting parts to build my own pc. I can probs find some time to find a decent start for his rig

Hm, I don't think a custom build is cheaper at this point. You know, due to inflated gpu prices and ddr4 prices.

5 hours ago, S T E W said:

Hm, I don't think a custom build is cheaper at this point. You know, due to inflated gpu prices and ddr4 prices.

18 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

19 hours ago, Moose said:

It depends if he wants a prebuilt one. Or a custom built one.

20 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Doese he wanna go for prettyness or pure untamed fps?

I don't know what you guys are on about, you cant custom build a laptop can you? I literally said laptop.

And to answer captain's first question. FPS, he wants to use it for school and gaming, as I said those 2 games he wants to run at pretty good FPS, at least 60 FPS each.

5 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

I don't know what you guys are on about, you cant custom build a laptop can you? I literally said laptop.

And to answer captain's first question. FPS, he wants to use it for school and gaming, as I said those 2 games he wants to run at pretty good FPS, at least 60 FPS each.

I know you cannot build a custom gaming laptop. Obviously, that's why I was replying to the guy about it. Does he really want a laptop though? There's a really good prebuilt asus tower(without a monitor) for 800$ish. It has a gtx 1060 in it, and some other neat things. I'll look for laptops if it's a must have

1 minute ago, S T E W said:

I know you cannot build a custom gaming laptop. Obviously, that's why I was replying to the guy about it. Does he really want a laptop though? There's a really good prebuilt asus tower(without a monitor) for 800$ish. It has a gtx 1060 in it, and some other neat things. I'll look for laptops if it's a must have

Yeah, he said when i asked

"I have an xbox one X for a gaming system to keep in my house, I want a laptop that I can take to school now and also when I go to my other parents house (divorced)"

1 minute ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Yeah, he said when i asked

"I have an xbox one X for a gaming system to keep in my house, I want a laptop that I can take to school now and also when I go to my other parents house (divorced)"

Here are two picks in his range. http://www.microcenter.com/product/487794/Predator_Helios_300-_G3-572-7742_156_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

http://www.microcenter.com/product/480338/OMEN_17-w220nr_173_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

Just with a quick search. First one has a 512gb ssd, second has a 128 gb ssd(presumably where windows is installed) + a 1tb hdd

40 minutes ago, S T E W said:

Here are two picks in his range. http://www.microcenter.com/product/487794/Predator_Helios_300-_G3-572-7742_156_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

http://www.microcenter.com/product/480338/OMEN_17-w220nr_173_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

Just with a quick search. First one has a 512gb ssd, second has a 128 gb ssd(presumably where windows is installed) + a 1tb hdd

Pretty sure they american prices dohe :(

1 hour ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Pretty sure they american prices dohe :(

You should be able to slect your own country's price. Or every single website dat sells shit would be useless 

2 minutes ago, Captainfluffy said:

You should be able to slect your own country's price. Or every single website dat sells shit would be useless 

... That wasnt my point. I was saying that those are $1250 and 1199$ which are probably more then my friends budget when converted. (over $1400)

Plus shipping is probably $50 at least.

Plus it doesn't have that currency change option. 

You've said 3 stupid things on my thread, no offence fluffy but please refrain from commenting.

Also @S T E W it only ships to US, im in AU :( 

Sorry for the inconvience, i was only trying to help :/ aswell i dont see any stupid reply's and there is no such thing as "stupid reply's". There is thing of people having better knowledge about the subject, i am just trying to learn more about pc/technolgy. But alright ill refrain from commenting again. Sorry for the inconvience i may have caused :)

13 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

... That wasnt my point. I was saying that those are $1250 and 1199$ which are probably more then my friends budget when converted. (over $1400)

Plus shipping is probably $50 at least.

Plus it doesn't have that currency change option. 

You've said 3 stupid things on my thread, no offence fluffy but please refrain from commenting.

Also @S T E W it only ships to US, im in AU :( 

I guess i'll go look some more. Those are some of the best prices that I can find for a 1060. For a laptop, I wouldn't even bother with a 1050/1050ti, so if that's all your friend will be able to afford, tell him to save more money and

wait

4 minutes ago, S T E W said:

I guess i'll go look some more. Those are some of the best prices that I can find for a 1060. For a laptop, I wouldn't even bother with a 1050/1050ti, so if that's all your friend will be able to afford, tell him to save more money and

wait

A 1050Ti is plenty for R6 at 1080p. 

3 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

It's a single game, I know the demands were for csgo and R6, but surely he has other games he will be playing?

6 minutes ago, S T E W said:

It's a single game, I know the demands were for csgo and R6, but surely he has other games he will be playing?

On 1/31/2018 at 1:21 AM, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Thats his only requests.

6 hours ago, S T E W said:

wait

6 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

After shipping STEW, that one on newegg is $1463.72 or 1464$ with 2-3 day delivery (pretty good lmao)

My friend was looking at a better laptop then the one i originally linked, that has a 1060 and 16gb of ram instead of 8, just no HDD but he doesnt mind having an external one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4GZS9C?th=1

after shipping its $1619.

Thoughts between the two? (One stew linked and this one)?

5 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

After shipping STEW, that one on newegg is $1463.72 or 1464$ with 2-3 day delivery (pretty good lmao)

My friend was looking at a better laptop then the one i originally linked, that has a 1060 and 16gb of ram instead of 8, just no HDD but he doesnt mind having an external one.

The Acer has a 6gb 1060, which is about 10% faster and has more VRAM, which can be important in some games especially if you try to push ultra textures. 

Both have 16gb of ram. 

The Acer is over a pound heavier. 

I'd recommend looking up reviews of both and seeing if either have any quirks/issues.

15 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Yeah, But I didn't catch that it was a 3gb 1060. Though it's still one of the cheaper options. If your friend can go up to 1619 AUD after shipping, that puts a couple more options on the table.

19 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Have him check this one out.. https://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154702 

~Has a 512GB m.2 SSD, so performance of the ssd will be better. Also, it has the 6gb 1060 in it, which is a big boost.

1501$ AUD After 2-3 day shipping.

1 minute ago, S T E W said:

Yeah, But I didn't catch that it was a 3gb 1060. Though it's still one of the cheaper options. If your friend can go up to 1619 AUD after shipping, that puts a couple more options on the table.

2 minutes ago, S T E W said:

Have him check this one out.. https://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154702 

~Has a 512GB m.2 SSD, so performance of the ssd will be better. Also, it has the 6gb 1060 in it, which is a big boost.

$1501

Not bad. I'll give him these 3 (his amazon, ur 2 neweggs) and let him decide

Just now, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

$1501

Not bad. I'll give him these 3 (his amazon, ur 2 neweggs) and let him decide

Honestly this last newegg one I linked is the one I would go with, looking at sheer specs. It's the best bang for the buck. MSI is a reputable company, and I trust in them only second to the trust I put behind ASUS. Unfortunately no ASUS options existed in the price range. I hope he's happy with whatever he picks, though I would advise him to pick one with a 6gb 1060, so he doesn't regret spending that much money only to find out in 2-3 years that he could have avoided another purchase if he'd had shelled out the extra 60$-100$

Just now, S T E W said:

Honestly this last newegg one I linked is the one I would go with, looking at sheer specs. It's the best bang for the buck. MSI is a reputable company, and I trust in them only second to the trust I put behind ASUS. Unfortunately no ASUS options existed in the price range. I hope he's happy with whatever he picks, though I would advise him to pick one with a 6gb 1060, so he doesn't regret spending that much money only to find out in 2-3 years that he could have avoided another purchase if he'd had shelled out the extra 60$-100$

Yeah, I think the last one is personally the best and i ranked it, and its basically the same as his amazon one but with 256gb more SSD storage and must faster shipping (2-3 days instead of 15-20) and its only $40 AUD more.

Thanks for your help STEW :)

Archived