Account Hacked (Do not use the undercutting SCRIPT)

SmokE

Another data point to add... I also used his script on my bot account to buy/sell items. Thing is that my items weren't swiped... No worries on revealing thus info, I have already removed ALL items from this bot account to my main. Just wanted to add this tidbit of info. I also was using someone else's bot script (trustworthy) so it may have made me log completely out of the axle script. Dunno, anyone have an explanation as to why I was able to extract my items?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HoovyBoard said:

Another data point to add... I also used his script on my bot account to buy/sell items. Thing is that my items weren't swiped... No worries on revealing thus info, I have already removed ALL items from this bot account to my main. Just wanted to add this tidbit of info. I also was using someone else's bot script (trustworthy) so it may have made me log completely out of the axle script. Dunno, anyone have an explanation as to why I was able to extract my items?

Glad to hear that you did not get wiped like us.
Yes its good that you changed the steam guard, also please change your backpack.tf api and token 

This really sucks that this happened, but I've been saying that something like this would happen for a while, with "free scripts" and "free brokering" being way too common. It's really tough when something like this happens to you but something like this was (unfortunately) necessary to give the community a sense of skepticism about this area. I lost 14gb (including socialblade) worth of private databases to a dodgy firefox extension about 3 months ago, so I know how bad this feels. When I've got some time I'll have a good look through some of the code and some of his profiles, to see if he's left anything behind of use. It may well be worth talking to the VPN provider to see if they could provide enough information to potentially drag him through at least a civil court, and maybe settle for an out of court payment. It may seem unlikely, but it's not unknown. The other option which is probably less likely, would be talking to some of the staff at the Vatican or Harpoon Trade servers, to see if they might co-operate, and provide you with an IP which, if you can't, I would be more than happy to provide a full set of data, or at least enough to take him to court.

It's really sad when this sorta thing happens, so I hope you do find justice, where justice is due.

Have any of the stolen items shown up on the market, or was he banned before he managed to launder them? I know Valve has a stance of not restoring items, but you guys might have a nonzero chance of getting your items back considering the scale of the loss, and that the economy wouldn't be affected if he never sold them. 

10 minutes ago, okie dokie said:

Have any of the stolen items shown up on the market, or was he banned before he managed to launder them? I know Valve has a stance of not restoring items, but you guys might have a nonzero chance of getting your items back considering the scale of the loss, and that the economy wouldn't be affected if he never sold them. 

Technically if he never sold them, prices of unusuals should be pressured up since supply fell. If he sold them, prices of unusuals fall due to the influx of supply at low prices 

1 hour ago, RED265 said:

Technically if he never sold them, prices of unusuals should be pressured up since supply fell. If he sold them, prices of unusuals fall due to the influx of supply at low prices 

But of course, unless they're 1/1 or 1/2 that probably isn't going to happen.

3 hours ago, okie dokie said:

nope none of the items have popped up all are in a pvt inventory 

3 hours ago, RED265 said:

Nah dint sell, The 2 most expensive stuff he has are 
My Strange Nebula Universal Translator (330 keys)
Derpy's Hellfire Rotation Sensation (250 keys) 
Both of which can be sold for an even higher price.

2 minutes ago, Enzotoy said:

So, if we remove the "hacked" code. We can use the script safety ?

You can try, but noone can say for sure that its safe if you remove that part

use at your own risk 

12 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You can try, but noone can say for sure that its safe if you remove that part

use at your own risk 

I lost $300 with this. I want to be sure xd

2 minutes ago, Enzotoy said:

I lost $300 with this. I want to be sure xd

You can try but I wouldn’t do any high value items / fill your bp with 100’s of dollars untill you’re sure

8 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You can try but I wouldn’t do any high value items / fill your bp with 100’s of dollars untill you’re sure

Someone can check if we can use the code when i remove the part pls ?

1 hour ago, Enzotoy said:

I wouldn't because we might not know yet what else is hidden in that shit. 

38 minutes ago, Enzotoy said:

Someone can check if we can use the code when i remove the part pls ?

Why do you still want to use it so bad? 

31 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

I wouldn't because we might not know yet what else is hidden in that shit. 

Yea no idea if thats the only part that should be removed

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Enzotoy said:

I feel like you've learned nothing at all from this experience

If you are not willing to learn how to audit the scripts you run, you should not be running arbitrary code you find on the net

54 minutes ago, fisk said:

I feel like you've learned nothing at all from this experience

If you are not willing to learn how to audit the scripts you run, you should not be running arbitrary code you find on the net

I said that bcs i want to make my own bot and take some code on this bot like autoprice

1 minute ago, Enzotoy said:

I said that bcs i want to make my own bot and take some code on this bot like autoprice

nope not safe don't take any part of his code. Use some other code or auto pricing shit. 
Not safe. 

But hey feel free to do it at your own risk ;)

Archived