Account Hacked (Do not use the undercutting SCRIPT)

SmokE

Jesus what a damn shame. 3000$ is no fucking joke. My condolences for you and any other victims. I was literally looking at this guy’s script the other day, and it looked REALLY STRANGE. His reason for releasing the script for free was “I’m bored of tf2 now and I want to cause chaos in the community by giving the power of bots to the people.” I was thinking of getting serious about unusual trading, and I really considered using his bot scripts. I am so glad I didn’t now. Fuck this piece of shit that probably just cashed out THOUSANDS worth of items and stole precious items that people spent years collecting from the community. This, this is just disgusting.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bill Doritos said:

Lol the amount that Axle stole is not sufficient to pay a lawyer.

Not really asking them to hire one. Advice from one is all the same. A case in this regard would be the whole TmartN CSGO Gambling thing. Pretty sure the people of r/counterstrikeglobaloffensive did not pay those lawyers for the legal advice they gave on there to the guardians of the minors who gambled on those sites.

So it's not about hiring a lawyer. It's about knowing if this crime is even actionable at all and if so what kind of a case it would make.

Also. Yes. Virtual item scam of traditional sorts is obviously not actionable but this is not that is it? This included hacking.

5 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

Not really asking them to hire one. Advice from one is all the same. A case in this regard would be the whole TmartN CSGO Gambling thing. Pretty sure the people of r/counterstrikeglobaloffensive did not pay those lawyers for the legal advice they gave on there to the guardians of the minors who gambled on those sites.

So it's not about hiring a lawyer. It's about knowing if this crime is even actionable at all and if so what kind of a case it would make.

Also. Yes. Virtual item scam of traditional sorts is obviously not actionable but this is not that is it? This included hacking.

Where was the hacking?

1 minute ago, manic said:

Where was the hacking?

Sniffing credentials using a dependency in a malicious npm package which was sent to a cloud hosting service.

2 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

Sniffing credentials using a dependency in a malicious npm package which was sent to a cloud hosting service.

That's not hacking.

Virtual items are a legal gray area. Best you could claim would be the account hijacking, and that's nothing new. Thousands of accounts are hijacked* every month, Valve created Steam Guard and Mobile Auth to prevent it. Unfortunately, since these people willingly chose to bypass it, I doubt they will provide any assistance. 

Probably the best we can hope for is that they trade ban the accounts, and sites like marketplace and backpack not allow those item IDs to be listed. Maybe also reach out to Masteminder so his bots don't accept them either.

27 minutes ago, manic said:

I'm fairly certain that taking another player's virtual items is not illegal. However, stealing account details might be. 

virtual items with value? I have seen lots of cases similar to this (not steam related) but virtual item scams handled by the law enforcement, any way I will have to look into it

Damn, $3000?? That is a lot of money! I hope you recover from this horrendous act. I will try my best to raise awareness about this script, and I hope Axle gets what he deserves 😢

Poor smokey, but I knew axle, he posted that undercutting script because "he likes to watch the world burn" but normally those scripts cost money PER person. Why would someone give it away for free? I thought nothing of it though and just ignored it, but if u look at it now it was kinda too good to be true

I didn't think axle would do this, but if what you said is true, guess he's trying to scam others to get the $7000 he lost back.

9 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

perhaps in the script thingy,a spyware was inside just like the steam inventory helper

It could also of been maybe a keylogger in the script? not sure.

edit: nvm it was a backdoor, as lucifer said "Sniffing credentials using a dependency in a malicious npm package which was sent to a cloud hosting service."

Sorry to hear this news. I figured something was up when your entire inventory was gone to an unknown bp and "you" added me yesterday wanting to buy my pan w/paypal but not through marketplace.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198127915163

there you go he removed his custom url on steam and made his profile private maybe to move items

https://github.com/AxleChange/tf2-autoprice-bot

He also removed the script from github

What more for a proof do you need?

SR has doubts that it was him that exploited the bot, since there is no connection from the scammed items ending up in his bp 
- as if a scammer/hacker is gonna move items to the main

They even think someone could have planted that malicious file in his code or he stole the code from someone else

- We all know he made the code he himself admitted that it was his 1 year of work on his past thread

SR is hopeless they want him to admit he did it, else no action will be taken. Even though its a hijacking case which they don't deal with

- no one is dumb enough to come forward and accept what they did :\

He released the code

His name is there in the code

He admitted to making the code

6 victims came forward (No idea how many others are there more than 100 people saw that thread)

He was on my friend's list removed me and blocked

He blocked derpy when derpy was not even his friend and others too
He left all mutual discord servers

Profile said he is from US and we got IP address from US

He got scammed of 7k$ and this was his way of making it back by planting the bait He already made back 5k$+ from the 6 of us Everything points towards him and everyone now knows it is him but and steam rep still wants confirmation if it's him ;\

Stem rep is hopeless they want a scammer to admit he did it gg They don't want to take whatever he said he did and wants him to admit to something which he will never admit too.

Anyway, Thank you for all the help and support you all offered to me to get back up again. I am not gonna Quit I will start over again.
After all, I have only spent 10$ on TF2 and some valuable time (2 years) So that's what I lost here. Time!!

On the other hand, I am happy that I have cashed out over 1.4k$ in the past, but a loss is a loss. 

My only Main sadness is the Strange Pro KS factory new Shell shocker I had (Which is hard to get back as it is Rare AF) everything else is gettable

and a totally random stranger whos unusual (50 keys in value)  I Was brokering got looted too. Such a nice guy he was He was also willing to help me get back up by offering me keys and to pay him later even though he knew I lost his unusual.
I love this community and I am never gonna quit 

Sorry to everyone else who got baited and lost items. Do not quit if you have time start over again.

At the end of the day, no one is to blame but me
Special thanks to Volcyy  and others for solving this and helping me find out how it actually happened

Well, i guess we all learned a few things from this story:

1.- Never use any bots/plugins/scripts for Steam EVER

2.- Keep your anti-viruses updated to the latest versions

3.- Don't trust on what you see on GitHub

4.- Always log out of your accounts before turning off your PC

Sorry for the loss BTW.

1 hour ago, « SɱokEy » said:

Anyway, Thank you for all the help and support you all offered to me to get back up again. I am not gonna Quit I will start over again.
After all, I have only spent 10$ on TF2 and some valuable time (2 years) So that's what I lost here. Time!!

On the other hand, I am happy that I have cashed out over 1.4k$ in the past, but a loss is a loss. 

My only Main sadness is the Strange Pro KS factory new Shell shocker I had (Which is hard to get back as it is Rare AF) everything else is gettable

and a totally random stranger whos unusual (50 keys in value)  I Was brokering got looted too. Such a nice guy he was He was also willing to help me get back up by offering me keys and to pay him later even though he knew I lost his unusual.
I love this community and I am never gonna quit 

Sorry to everyone else who got baited and lost items. Do not quit if you have time start over again.

At the end of the day, no one is to blame but me
Special thanks to Volcyy  and others for solving this and helping me find out how it actually happened

so if the unusual was a broker,does that mean you have to pay up orrr

17 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

so if the unusual was a broker,does that mean you have to pay up orrr

Yes, I will pay him its not his fault and he never lost his item. It was a problem from my side

2 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

He was also willing to help me get back up by offering me keys and to pay him later even though he knew I lost his unusual.

^^

41 minutes ago, TF2 Radio 24.7FM said:

Well, i guess we all learned a few things from this story:

1.- Never use any bots/plugins/scripts for Steam EVER

2.- Keep your anti-viruses updated to the latest versions

3.- Don't trust on what you see on GitHub

4.- Always log out of your accounts before turning off your PC

1. Its okay to use bots plugins or scripts if you coded them yourself

2. It was never a virus or malware but an extra code, My antivirus was up to date.

3. Yes, I can strongly agree to this.

4. I did log out and delete and remove the bot file from my PC (except for the downloaded RAR file) that day.

15 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

the only bot thing i used was the steam inventory helper but woifi warned us about the spyware so i no longer use anything...rip boi

Steam Inventory Helper is not secure?

2 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

4. I did log out and delete and remove the bot file from my PC (except for the downloaded RAR file) that day.

You also need to reset your identity/shared secrets and change your password

43 minutes ago, Neko said:

Anyway, since we discovered payload we can just remove it and use fully functional bot.

nah still don't think its safe or worth it. There might be more that we might not know. 

Archived