Skip is trying to get me banned on steamrep with fake chats.

Graatz

So... Today I look at my rep.tf and see one unconfirmed report against me ( https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198047073919-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.179251/ )

I'll start of by telling my perspective:

1. Skip adds me and comments on my screenshot that he's interested in my patriots peak.

2. We talk and he says that he's going to party and will offer later ( I'm completely okay with that and go back to the game and later sleep.)

3. I see that he removed his comment and me, though he's not interested in the hat anymore.

And then I see the the report.

First of all, I have never said anything that is posted in the screenshots by him, the whole conversation is faked. I have never scammed anyone, have positive reputation and yet got the report. The only logical reason I can find why I'm getting targeted - I got into argument , removed and blocked Harbinger ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/NotCompensatingByMyHugeLinkAtAll ) , a notorious rich guy who was my friend for most of my time in steam, but he continued devaluing me, so I was forced into doing that.

The main problem is that as you could've guessed it, I don't have any screenshots of the chat with skip and the only way I could proove them is if I get into chat with him using mobile as it records it all, but It abviously won't happen... Could use that as an argument against the report. As skip will definately not allow this, it would kind of be obvious that it's a fake report.

Any help is appreciated as I really need it now.

First thing I notice is I think the screenshots don't meet SteamReps requirements. I think they have to be like full screen screenshot in a web browser, moused over links so it shows in the bottom left where the URL pops up. Maybe if they meet the requirements they will be easier to debunk. Everytime I've ever done a report they have made me repost the images at least once because they are incorrect.

Can you counter his screenshot of saying you have him blocked by taking a picture of your blocked list?

Also private profiles always make me feel sketchy. Innocent people tend to not have much to hide.

On the initial 4 screenshots, the last one is altered (look at the lower part of the chat, it has a weird darker space after you suddenly come online again)

It doesn't add anything incriminating though.

29 minutes ago, ThePickleCat said:

Also private profiles always make me feel sketchy. Innocent people tend to not have much to hide.

He only had private bp when he added me. His profile became private only after i responded to the report.

4 minutes ago, IceQbe said:

On the initial 4 screenshots, the last one is altered (look at the lower part of the chat, it has a weird darker space after Graatz suddenly come online again)

This is true. It literally looks like a photoshopped textbox

1 hour ago, Graatz said:

So... Today I look at my rep.tf and see one unconfirmed report against me ( https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198047073919-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.179251/ )

I'll start of by telling my perspective:

1. Skip adds me and comments on my screenshot that he's interested in my patriots peak.

2. We talk and he says that he's going to party and will offer later ( I'm completely okay with that and go back to the game and later sleep.)

3. I see that he removed his comment and me, though he's not interested in the hat anymore.

And then I see the the report.

First of all, I have never said anything that is posted in the screenshots by him, the whole conversation is faked. I have never scammed anyone, have positive reputation and yet got the report. The only logical reason I can find why I'm getting targeted - I got into argument , removed and blocked Harbinger ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/NotCompensatingByMyHugeLinkAtAll ) , a notorious rich guy who was my friend for most of my time in steam, but he continued devaluing me, so I was forced into doing that.

The main problem is that as you could've guessed it, I don't have any screenshots of the chat with skip and the only way I could proove them is if I get into chat with him using mobile as it records it all, but It abviously won't happen... Could use that as an argument against the report. As skip will definately not allow this, it would kind of be obvious that it's a fake report.

Any help is appreciated as I really need it now.

Don't worry, you have plenty of ways to defend urself. Also steamrep requires fullscreen screenshots with users profile link showing. If he shows it, it won't match urs and they will get questioned by admins of steamrep

That crew was interested in getting me banned for "Impersonating Swagman". I was threatened but they did not follow through and report me. I had proof it was from a name change around june.

1 hour ago, S T E W said:

That crew tried  to get me banned for "Impersonating Swagman". I was threatened but they did not follow through and report me. I had proof it was from a name change around june.

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198112099979-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.175091/#post-458214

this crew? made a fake impersonator account of me and faked chat log probably same with you @Graatz

34 minutes ago, Swagman! said:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198112099979-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.175091/#post-458214

this crew? made a fake impersonator account of me and faked chat log probably same with you @Graatz

Mhm. That crew. Doesn't matter to me now, all in the past tbh. Anything they throw can be overturned with proof.

Also, to OP, It is most likely Harbinger pulling all of their strings. He is the one who tried to pit me against swag. Don't tell anyone involved with him anything, as they WILL try and fabricate a means to use it against you

if you wanna defend yourself,your screenshots cant be gyazo or anything else.you need to printscreen them,save it on paint and save it in your folder.then you upload it directly on steamrep

Just now, Diamond jozu said:

if you wanna defend yourself,your screenshots cant be gyazo or anything else.you need to printscreen them,save it on paint and save it in your folder.then you upload it directly on steamrep

Yeah and definitely screenshot everything, even if u think it won't be needed

22 minutes ago, S T E W said:

Mhm. That crew. Doesn't matter to me now, all in the past tbh. Anything they throw can be overturned with proof.

Also, to OP, It is Harbinger pulling all of their strings. He is the one who tried to pit me against swag. Don't tell anyone involved with him anything, as they WILL try and fabricate a means to use it against you

got any evidence that harbinger is behind this?if not,stop blatantly accusing him

8 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

got any evidence that harbinger is behind this?if not,stop blatantly accusing him

Woah there Mr, I'm not saying he IS behind this. I've had too many encounters with that group to know that he pulls the strings. I DO believe I know more than you know about him.

1 minute ago, S T E W said:

Woah mr, I'm not saying he IS behind this. I've had too many encounters with that group to know that he pulls the strings. More than you know about him.

Not pointing fingers but I'd be surprised if it isn't true

...interesting. 

Here's what I see: (beyond that awkward black box at the bottom of SS #4)

In those "screenshots" that skip took, you've got

1) Graatz's Steam profile

2) skip's friends list

3) skip's chat window w/Graatz

If I'm not an idiot, the following should apply:

The chat window shows Graatz as being online (away), but according to skip's friends list, graatz is either not online, or else not even friends w/skip at that point.  (Even though you can't see all of skip's friends list, his steam shows 5 friends online, and you can see all 5 online friends in his friends list window, and Graatz isn't one of them.)

Here's the issue: if you remove someone or they remove you, any chat window you've got open with them will then show them as "Offline" even if they are actually still online.  Chat just shows "Offline" unless you are friends and they are online, both.  Graatz can't show online in chat, while also not showing online in the friends window, at the same time.

While this doesn't prove that any of the information he provided was fabricated or altered, it does prove that those screenshots are made up of multiple parts that can't have come from the same screen at the same time.

His screenshots show contradictory information, which is impossible unless he edited them.  Theoretically that's what you'd get if you just cut/pasted an earlier chat box (from when they were friends) on top of a current SS of Graatz's steam profile (when they were no longer friends)--and that's probably what he'd claim to have done if called out--but whatever he did, it's still editing. 

And,

Since you CAN actually (easily) fit all of those windows on the same screen at the same time with no fancy maneuvering, there's no honest reason to cut and paste an earlier screenshot of a chat window onto a later version of a steam profile page. (It's actually a lot more work than just stacking them up and SSing)

Summary of all that: Those screenshots show two things that are logically impossible to get on the same screen at the same time, and therefore they must have been edited; and if you point that out, then steamrep shouldn't ban you based on them.  They've been pretty strict about that in the past; I'm surprised he wasn't already called out for that. 

If it was me, I'd first ask him (in the SR report thread) to verify that those were not edited in any way (without telling him why you are asking, or that you already know they were edited), and then if he did verify that, I'd point out that it was impossible to achieve (for the reasons laid out above) and therefore a lie.  Let him trip over his own story.  Once someone lies in a SR report, the admins are unlikely to believe anything else they say.

Even if that doesn't work, pointing out that they're edited should at least cause SR to demand a completely fresh set of screenshots from him.

Also, the SR madmins handle a lot of reports.  I'd say there's a pretty good chance that they'll sort it out if you do what they ask.

4 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

There is one piece of chat I said to him. Got no proof of that, it’s just that I know. Once again, could only prove that If I get in touch with harbinger and screenshot every chat from mobile auth. But that probably won’t happen as not only he will decline the request, but also use it against me.

4 hours ago, Swagman! said:

Nope, they did not make an impersonator account. As I mentioned I was added by skip and he was supposed to offer. They used some kind of app that fakes chats and probably just copied it.

1 hour ago, 3.50 said:

...interesting. 

Here's what I see: (beyond that awkward black box at the bottom of SS #4)

In those "screenshots" that skip took, you've got

1) Graatz's Steam profile

2) skip's friends list

3) skip's chat window w/Graatz

If I'm not an idiot, the following should apply:

The chat window shows Graatz as being online (away), but according to skip's friends list, graatz is either not online, or else not even friends w/skip at that point.  (Even though you can't see all of skip's friends list, his steam shows 5 friends online, and you can see all 5 online friends in his friends list window, and Graatz isn't one of them.)

Here's the issue: if you remove someone or they remove you, any chat window you've got open with them will then show them as "Offline" even if they are actually still online.  Chat just shows "Offline" unless you are friends and they are online, both.  Graatz can't show online in chat, while also not showing online in the friends window, at the same time.

While this doesn't prove that any of the information he provided was fabricated or altered, it does prove that those screenshots are made up of multiple parts that can't have come from the same screen at the same time.

His screenshots show contradictory information, which is impossible unless he edited them.  Theoretically that's what you'd get if you just cut/pasted an earlier chat box (from when they were friends) on top of a current SS of Graatz's steam profile (when they were no longer friends)--and that's probably what he'd claim to have done if called out--but whatever he did, it's still editing. 

And,

Since you CAN actually (easily) fit all of those windows on the same screen at the same time with no fancy maneuvering, there's no honest reason to cut and paste an earlier screenshot of a chat window onto a later version of a steam profile page. (It's actually a lot more work than just stacking them up and SSing)

Summary of all that: Those screenshots show two things that are logically impossible to get on the same screen at the same time, and therefore they must have been edited; and if you point that out, then steamrep shouldn't ban you based on them.  They've been pretty strict about that in the past; I'm surprised he wasn't already called out for that. 

If it was me, I'd first ask him (in the SR report thread) to verify that those were not edited in any way (without telling him why you are asking, or that you already know they were edited), and then if he did verify that, I'd point out that it was impossible to achieve (for the reasons laid out above) and therefore a lie.  Let him trip over his own story.  Once someone lies in a SR report, the admins are unlikely to believe anything else they say.

Even if that doesn't work, pointing out that they're edited should at least cause SR to demand a completely fresh set of screenshots from him.

Also, the SR madmins handle a lot of reports.  I'd say there's a pretty good chance that they'll sort it out if you do what they ask.

Thanks for the heads up, did not notice that before. Asked him to prove that the screenshots were not edited, as you suggested. Also, side question: When reports like that happen, do I have to be online 24/7 defending myself all the time or can I take my time to respond?

Just now, Graatz said:

Thanks for the heads up, did not notice that before. Asked him to prove that the screenshots were not edited, as you suggested. Also, side question: When reports like that happen, do I have to be online 24/7 defending myself all the time or can I take my time to respond?

Not 24/7 but usually they give u a day or 2 at most to follow up

31 minutes ago, Graatz said:

Always happy to help if I can :3

You definitely don't have to be online 24/7.  They're used to people living in different parts of the world, who all have school/work/real life to schedule around.  Reply when you can, and you should be fine.  If there's going to be a long delay (work/school/sleeping are completely normal delays, not long ones), let them know.

I'm pretty sure that fabricated reports are pretty rare overall, but not so rare that they haven't handled them at SR before.  I'm pretty sure they know by now how easy it is to generate a fake Steam chat (30 seconds on the google machine will tell you that).  And faked chats could result in incorrectly marking some people, but a scammer who burns through 10+ alt accounts a week would not bother trying to fight a SR report...So just the fact that you show up to defend yourself and cooperate looks very good, and they'll almost certainly take a much harder look before slapping a tag on.  The admin handling it already seems skeptical of skip, so I'd expect him to take an extra-hard look, and get this sorted out for you. 

Archived