Lets talk about songs with epic guitar solos

λngelღмander

Got into classic rock recently, and pretty much all of my favorite songs feature extended guitar solos. I'm looking for more songs like stairway to heaven, free bird, hotel california, comfortably numb, and other classics that just hit hard and long.

I love this stuff, I think comfortably numb is my favorite and pink floyd my favorite band. Link me more great guitar solo songs!

Also keys almost 40 ref :csdsmile:

Wish you were here, if we're talking strictly by album length because I like shine on and wish you were here so thats like half that whole album. And if by amount of songs and general satisfaction, the wall.

Good to see you are getting in to the best music that exists! The songs you mention are some of the best rock songs that have ever been made, and they were performed by the best guitarists in rock music so you're setting the bar quite high.

I assume you mean solos from actual songs, and not just instrumental pieces, so here are a few songs that have excellent guitar solos:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
No more tears - Ozzy Osbourne
One - Metallica 
Fade to Black - Metallica
Highway Star - Deep Purple
Mr. Crowley - Ozzy Osbourne
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
November Rain - Guns N' Roses 
Cum on Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot
Panama - Van Halen
Wind of Change - The Scorpions
Mutha, don't wanna go to school today - Extreme
More Than a Feeling - Boston

Most of these are not what you would call classic rock, but the guitar soloes are great nevertheless.

If you want to check out instrumental pieces I can recommend:

Tender Surrender - Steve Vai (This is the best guitar perfomance I have ever heard. This song shows technical abillity, while also not being 5 minutes of a shredfest.)

Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson

Electric Gypsy - Andy Timmons

Eruption - Van Halen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived