Have you ever invested in any cryptocurrency? (Cryptocurrencies (example Bitcoin) thread)

Happysedits

Have you? Bitcoin went from 8000$ to 16000$ in the last 30 days https://charts.bitcoin.com/chart/price all other cryptocurrencies going up as well

have you invested in the past? do you plan to invest? what you think about it investing in cryptocurrencies or in general about it?

Im thinking of buying one litecoin

edit: meh, too late, christmas too soon, its gonna drop after christmas for sure, so I wont invest myself now

I had almost 900k dogecoin from trading tf2 keys for it.  Sold them all for 700$ when they were worth almost 2k total (the dogecoins value being 2k). SOmeone said YOU SHOULD HAVE HELD THEM LONGER. I'm just like lol, that's like holding on to a one million dollar Zimbabwe note, that's stupid lol. I got the doge coins at like 75k/key

I have some BTC and ETH, I'm currently sitting at 100% profit on my $200 invested. Only risk what you're willing to lose, but if you can spend the time making trades at opportune times there's lots of money to be made off the volatility. 

I'm not going to go into how much I have or have made, but it is very profitable, as said above. I would invest about 50/50 into Ether and Bitcoin to start off and then trade %10-20 of what you have after a month or so of research.

53 minutes ago, DrDavid52 said:

I'm not going to go into how much I have or have made, but it is very profitable, as said above. I would invest about 50/50 into Ether and Bitcoin to start off and then trade %10-20 of what you have after a month or so of research.

1 hour ago, Sniper Noob said:

I have some BTC and ETH, I'm currently sitting at 100% profit on my $200 invested. Only risk what you're willing to lose, but if you can spend the time making trades at opportune times there's lots of money to be made off the volatility. 

Any recommendations for which exchanges to use? Especially because coinbase is flooded right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 5:34 PM, Axle Change said:

Any recommendations for which exchanges to use? Especially because coinbase is flooded right now.

Totally did not keep up to date with this thread so apologies for this late post. Coinbase is good, but only if you plan to buy and hold. If you want to do actual trading, I would suggest either starting with GDAX (owned by Coinbase so anything you buy from them you can transfer over and go) or Binance. GDAX has only BTC, BCH (sometimes called BCC), ETH, and LTC, but works very well and is easy to use. Binance has a wider variety of coins but tends to be a little buggy now and then. If you only plan to do basic trading with the 4 coins I mentioned above, I'd just stick with GDAX to start. If/when you branch out into more coins you can switch over to Binance pretty easily. Just keep in mind there is a fee to transfer coins so once you choose one you'll want to stick with it for a while instead of moving your coins around all the time.

Other than that: Don't invest what you can't afford to lose, remain emotionless, and be careful.

Archived