I got scammed 2000 $ ( 3k in unusuals ) today .

Merendas

Well, i guess i can't sleep so i will start replying.

2 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Was that before or after creating a shit show? 

If I was Jason, I would have accepted the trade and if Merendes added me and asked nicely (e.g. not in an attacking way), then I would have given him his shit back. After this clusterfuck and the negative rep and all of that, he could go fuck himself. 

Pls read my reply again if you still don't know what actually happened

13 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

1. You accepted the trade of an OBVIOUS mistake (a big one, but an honest mistake nonetheless), and of cousrse NEVER thought of  giving me my items back. You could have declined the trade or even given the items back to me as i asked you politely  twice ( https://prnt.sc/hn23z7 and https://prnt.sc/hn23ry ). You had 4 - 5  hours before i made this report in which you definitely where online at some point as these screenshots prove ( https://prnt.sc/hmvpqc and https://prnt.sc/hmvq9t ) where you update you backpack.tf items. So, at least be honest and don't type such lies:

1 hour ago, Jason Le said:

irst of all... I'm a pretty busy guy and I dont have much time especially during daytime. 

1 hour ago, Jason Le said:

I honestly thought about giving you your my hats back, cause it sucks beeing dumb.

Boohoo I can't wait a few hours for someone to respond and have to report him cause my hats are way more important.

You are basically saying that you casually took a gift of 2k and went offline like nothing happened.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Was that before or after creating a shit show? 

If I was Jason, I would have accepted the trade and if Merendes added me and asked nicely (e.g. not in an attacking way), then I would have given him his shit back. After this clusterfuck and the negative rep and all of that, he could go fuck himself. 

I have no idea if its before or after. You might want to ask Merendas since he provided the screenshot that Jason declined his trade twice when he asked kindly. But still, even if its after Jason saw this thread, he could have given Merendas a 2nd chance for this harsh act as losing $4k aint a small amount and Merendas waited for 4-5 hours for Jason to reply, and then didnt slept for the whole day waiting for him to reply back. 

Turns out all he get was a guy running away with the items and taking this thread as an excuse. Saying he might(?) have returned the items if Merendas didnt post this thread, but cmon... if I am in Merendas shoes, I would have also been this harsh to come to conclusion after waiting for hours.

So, I'm late to the thread, but it seems people are acting so dumb about this.

Yes, it's shitty to keep someone's items when they were sent over by accident. This doesn't make Jason a bad person though; I know I would've accepted the trade, I know that a lot of you here claiming Jason is a bad dude would've accepted it too. Merendes shouldn't have been trading when tired, and sure shouldn't have acted like a dick towards Jason. Leaving -reps, calling him a scammer when it isn't his mistake and posting on the forum just leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, especially Jason's (the person you want to be kind to so as to get your items back). 

I can definitely understand losing your shit after sending 3k in unusuals over as a gift, but unfortunately it was exactly that - a gift. Whether an accident or not, it's Jason's choice what to do with the items as the new owner. By sending a trade offer it's your responsibility to check you've entered the correct stuff. Merendes actually had three different warnings that he didn't add the pan and he still traded the stuff. To me, it seems like this is all we need to prove that Jason is in the right, more or less. While it's not exactly the nicest thing to do, Jason is fully within his rights to keep the items. They were traded after many warnings and, to him, all it is is a gift.

TL;DR: Mods, close the post already. Merendes is - albeit understandably - salty about losing his items. Jason is not a scammer though and as such this is all quite arbitrary.

Menderes  was just acting like a dick and douchebag. Instead of asking politely and hoping in good will of Jason he give him time to give back items or he will report him??? wtf? threatening someone who may or may not give you that items and fix YOUR mistake? threatening someone whose only good will can give you those items back? Im realy happy that Menderes didnt get those items back, because he treatened me same way in past, he made mistake (rly small, selling me by autotrade item with pro ks for price of one without ks) but when i didnt wanted to give it back he threatened me and make false negative trust in which he said i was a scammer, LMAO. And now he made mistake again but on huuge scale and still didnt learn anything and still act same way like a moron who can only threaten and blackmail people.

Seriously im rly happy that you lost so much you deserve the worst.

Good for you Jason, hope that false negative trust will be removed.

Edit: Oh ye and also after everything made Forum Topic with false title "I WAS SCAMMED...", no you played yourself.

9 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

Well, i guess i can't sleep so i will start replying.

Pls read my reply again if you still don't know what actually happened

Did those trade offers happen before or after this thread? Because you made no mention of him declining trade offers in your initial post -- which would have been a very important fact and seems like something you probably would have mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Did those trade offers happen before or after this thread? Because you made no mention of him declining trade offers in your initial post -- which would have been a very important fact and seems like something you probably would have mentioned. 

declined them after writing my first reply here

Anyway, enough of that bullshit i think everything has been said, some mod finally close this since the wrong trust ratings have been removed allready. Its time to get over it....for everybody here

• Teeny Tiny Cat locked this topic
  • Administrators

This is not a scam, we will not be banning and we will remove negative trusts. @Merendas (FT) I'm sorry dude, it really sucks so much ass and I feel incredibly bad for you, but at the end of the day it was your error. You had multiple chances to catch it via steam requests for confirmation, and you didn't. I can't in good conscience hold someone else accountable for a mistake that you made.

However, @Jason Le while I will not ban you, I do want you to know that I think you're a terrible person. Taking advantage of someone's mistake and going so far as to laugh and taunt them about it may not be against the rules but it's an utterly shitty thing to do, and if you have a decent bone in your body you will return his items.

I feel compelled to add on to this and say that although Merendas handled this situation terribly, him being a dick doesn't actually justify not returning his items. It's incredibly clear, Jason, that you wouldn't have returned the items regardless; "he was being a dick" is just a convenient excuse to justify what you already would've done: abuse the mistakes of others to your own benefit.

Regardless of whether or not you are a scammer, it's apparent that you are among the lowest kind of people in this community. Let it not be thought that by not taking action against you we are supporting you or your actions. As far as I am concerned, you are a disgrace to the TF2 community.

It doesn't take a big person to not capitalize on someone else's honest mistake. On the contrary; only a small person would do what you have done.

Archived