I got scammed 2000 $ ( 3k in unusuals ) today .

Merendas

36 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

Making a human mistake doesn't make me an idiot. Maybe you never make mistakes. However, assuming that he thought ''hey, that's a nice christmas present, i'll keep it'' is pretty dumb by you. I believe that you don't actually believe that, but for some reason you come here and call me an idiot without helping with the situation at all!

If you thought i was flaming you for messing up I wasn't. You're an idiot because you don't know what a scam is and have handled this situation incredibly poorly. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

Well im pretty sure you would laugh your ass off if i were sending you 1500 keys in unusuals and forgott to put in a pan. I was just posting here since Jason Le is currently not arround his Pc so he wont reply here very soon.

Everyone tend to make mistakes, we are all humans after all, dont tell me you havent made a mistake before.

And to be honest, if someone would to ever send me a trade offer containing unusuals worth 1500 keys, I wont take a 2nd thought and accept it too. But, now that knowing its a mistake from that guy and that guy is willing to give 100 keys in return for the items back, I dont honestly see how I wont return back the items. We all have a heart and at least lets be nice to the people who is kind hearted too.

4 minutes ago, CAaronD said:

I am so sorry to hear that :(

Unfortunately, in situations like these, there is nothing anybody can do -- it is completely up to Jason to make things right.

The best that you can do on your part is to forgive him and ask as nicely as you can for your items back. I'm sure if he has a heart, he'll understand and return the items.

Even if he doesn't, being bitter doesn't help in any way and is nothing but heartache. The best you can do is to take it as a very expensive lesson to be careful when you confirm trades -- we all make major screwups!

Hope you recover from the situation soon! 

Here is a virtual text hug -- hopefully it will make you feel better! :) *hug* 

Ty very much man  

2 hours ago, Merendas (FT) said:

So i was very tired but i wanted to send some offers for a golden pan before i got to sleep ..... and yea 

I was stupid enough that i didnt pick any items from him  and now i lost 2.000 $ from Jason le  !  at least  . he accepted my offer and i asked for my items back and he didnt reply  its already  4 hours

HUR DUR LOOK AT ME, I SENT A OFFER AND I CALL THIS A SCAM BECAUSE HE DIDN"T MANIPULATE ME BUT I DID

HURR DUR, ok this isn't a scam holy shit, you just made yourself a grave, if I don't recall some video on youtube that I watched about trading (oh god why did I watch trading video about scamming) if I don't recall it mentioned "Don't trade when its midnight and your tired"

forgot the quotes yatta yatta but some guy did  that and he lost more than you did, and here you are saying  that he scammed, more like you gave him profit or intended on that. The guy didn't even manipulate you on the trade he just accepted the offer and you come here saying that's a scam

who are you going to report this to next hmm? Steamrep, Marketplace.tf or TEE F twoo Outpost. (sorry for your loss on this mistake but you need to learn that lesson in your life)

PS half of the premium traders or high tier unusual owners are like sharks or scammers, even with info  they can just get away from "it"

2 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

If you thought i was flaming you for messing up I wasn't. You're an idiot because you don't know what a scam is and have handled this situation incredibly poorly. 

Imagine you were the one in Merendas shoes, I think you would panic too cause you know you cant do anything since you just fked up. But, at least lets not comment some stuff that aint helpful to the situation right now.

I dont think you would want people commenting comments that dont help you at all when you just lost 1500 keys in unusuals for nothing.

This is simply an issue of mistakes and morals. You screwed up, thats on you, you sent the offer. So that there rules him out as a scammer, though he is something more along the lines of a sharker, which is still a form of scamming but, its more of an opportunistic action such as this situation is. You sent him items then asked for said items back, but you sent them and so he is no scammer because he didn't try to convince you to give him the items.He's just opportunistic towards profit, as is a lot of traders and people in this world. Thats where the morals part comes out to play, if it was me, I would already have sent the items back by now. This Jason character is obviously void of such morals and here we are, I don't know Jason but from what I've read he's the kind of guy to only do actions benefiting himself and no others. I for one have been scammed before so I can sympathise with your loss, but its on you this time. I still wish that this is worked out in your favour but alas I find this highly unlikely to occur, sorry. Also Freak4ever is just mainly here to stir up a response, don't worry about what he posts and keep your head up. Sorry for an essay.

1 minute ago, Rosalina said:

I feel like you have some room for improvement in the People Skills and Diplomacy departments.  Not that you're wrong.

1 minute ago, DerangedDeadlyDisabledGuy said:

This is simply an issue of mistakes and morals. You screwed up, thats on you, you sent the offer. So that there rules him out as a scammer, though he is something more along the lines of a sharker, which is still a form of scamming but, its more of an opportunistic action such as this situation is.

Sharking is actively deceiving someone into believing your item is worth more and/or their item is worth less than it is.  It's premeditated and intentional.  Sharking is 95% the same as scamming, whereas this situation is.....opportunistically taking advantage, certainly, but doesn't involve lying in any form.

Just now, DerangedDeadlyDisabledGuy said:

Is that not what I said? I meant that in when I posted but I might have messed up some of the English, my bad.

Yes, I was just being picky with words, your English is fine :3

2 hours ago, Merendas (FT) said:

Are you serious ? of course i got scammed , because i made missclick i should let someone go away with at least 1000 keys ? what is that logic . People make mistakes like giving me 1 - 2 keys more and i add them back , and i lost 2000 usd and i should let the other guy go away ? and nope as you can see on the screenshot its been 4 hours and he still didnt give them back ... like what ? am i crazy and i am giving away my unusuals which worth a bunch . 

Well, no. You rather got yourself scammed/scammed yourself, i suppose. That out of the way tho, i do feel incredibly bad, even tho it was your own fault. I really hope he gives the items back, since any kind enough of a person would do that.

oh boi.this thread is getting longer coz a well-known trader lost items...anyways,i too feel bad.4k is alot of money no matter how rich or poor you are.however,based on steamrep or any trading sites,tf2outpost can have the slightest chance of banning this user but the thing is,this is not a scam attempt not even a shark atempt since no AGREEMENT was ever made.you didnt even atleast leave a message on the trade offer that you are offereing these items for the pan..again im sorry for you.this is the very same case as Versi.

1 hour ago, 3.50 said:

Jason isn't a scammer, regardless of what he does next.

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

How does he know you weren't giving him the items? How was he misrepresenting items? Did he lie to you at all? TL:DR... You're just an idiot.

2 hours ago, Lila Mond said:

You didn't get scammed. You screwed up. There's a difference.

Unfortunate to see all these traders struggling with the concept of honesty.

Here is Steamrep on the matter of taking advantage of someone else's mistake (spoiler alert: it's scamming): https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/http-steamcommunity-com-profiles-76561198017965767-teh_rhesus-sr-scammer.38308/

Here's their appeals admin on the topic:

Go and exploit a random ATM for money, see if you get arrested for theft, then post back here letting us know what happened.

And founder of bp.tf Brad Pitt:

It is definitely due to my incompetence that the people who found a way to abuse the backpack.tf bots did. If the bots didn't have that flaw to start with, they wouldn't have, I'll give you that. But let me give you these few examples here, that according to you would be ok:

• If you hack into a bank and steal 1 million dollars because you discovered a flaw, you keep it. Who cares who's money it is anyway, banks are rich.
  • You walk in the street and find a car that's unlocked. An iPhone is sitting on the driver's seat. Obviously, it's the owner's fault for not locking the doors, so you take the iPhone home.

I don't know about you, but I don't think that's the world we live in. I'm glad SteamRep took the proper action here and marked/warned the community that this type of behavior is not accepted. That's why SteamRep is here, and if it wasn't for it -- a few of the scammers wouldn't have paid back their items.

1 minute ago, naknak said:

Here is Steamrep on the matter of taking advantage of someone else's mistake (spoiler alert: it's scamming): https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/http-steamcommunity-com-profiles-76561198017965767-teh_rhesus-sr-scammer.38308/

Here's their appeals admin on the topic:

And founder of bp.tf Brad Pitt:

boi,that appeal was in 2013.steamrep policy has change and no longer deals report with sharks

4 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

boi,that appeal was in 2013.steamrep policy has change and no longer deals report with sharks

Boi, Steamrep never dealt with sharks.  This has zero to do with sharking.

Wow guys, seriously? 

This was clearly an honest mistake. Iv'e gotten offers like this before, I simply added the person to ask them what they wanted.  

If you go to a restaurant, pay by credit card and type in an extra zero by accident on a $50 tip, do you think your waiter has no ethical obligation to point this out?  When you go to a store and pay for something and accidentally give an extra $20 because it's crumpled in with the other bills, is the store now totally entitled to keep your $20?

I'm usually the first to point out someone's fucked up, but this firmly falls under the category of "don't be a dick".  The items should be returned, even if he's not technically obliged under some arbitrary rule a small number of community members came up with.  

2 minutes ago, naknak said:

Speaking only for myself, I have no trouble with the concept of honesty.  I have not, and would never condone keeping items accidentally gifted.  I'm not defending Jason, if he keeps the items.  Not even slightly.  He's wrong if he does that.

However, intentionally exploiting a bot/ATM/whatever is not even remotely close to what happened here.  Comparing the two shows that you don't understand the difference that intent makes.  In those situations, there is intent and planning.  You can obviously punish for that.  In this situation, there is no premeditated intent, no planning, and (I hate to even mention this, but), you'd also have to prove there was no agreement/transaction outside of Steam.

1 minute ago, naknak said:

Boi, Steamrep never dealt with sharks.  This has zero to do with sharking.

ayy,right my bad.the thing is,no agreement was made.thats the problem that merendas is facing

9 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

However, intentionally exploiting a bot/ATM/whatever is not even remotely close to what happened here.  Comparing the two shows that you don't understand the difference that intent makes.

That comparison arose from a pricing error Brad Pitt made on his bots.  Directly comparable to this situation.  I agree with you that the ATM analogy is shaky, but that doesn't matter.   The point is that (truly) analogous real-life situations, like Brad's unlocked car example, require the wrongful recipient to return the items (or not take them in the first place).   And Steamrep agrees.  

I don't see how premeditation changes anything.  It might warrant forgiveness, if he makes it right and says it was a lapse in judgement, but it sure doesn't excuse the behaviour.

You don't get to take something for nothing.   Whether the victim helped make it possible is mostly irrelevant - almost every kind of scam requires some mistake on the victim's part. 

3 minutes ago, naknak said:

pricing error Brad Pitt made on his bots.

I'm sorry, I'm new to forums and don't pay much attention to the gossip this community has. Who is Brad Pitt?

4 minutes ago, DerangedDeadlyDisabledGuy said:

I'm sorry, I'm new to forums and don't pay much attention to the gossip this community has. Who is Brad Pitt?

Previous owner of bp.tf.

26 minutes ago, naknak said:

Hey ape, Did you even look at the thread? There were chat logs. They had an agreed chat agreement. Here he sent the guy an offer. No conversation. No trade description. Completely different situation. It has nothing to do with honesty. Use your brain. Yes he got screwed and it sucks  but that's it.

Archived