"Tradable" Troubles

pokefan458

So I've gotten some discontinued crates off the market, and of course they have the one-week trading hold. I'd say it's also fair to assume that the untradable status will carry over to anything uncrated, but I must ask: will uncrated items be permanently untradable, or will they merely carry on the temporary trading hold?

EDIT: Tested and confirmed, Troll Demo's answer is correct.

The item will be tradeable after the cooloff irrespecttive of the keys status. Since the recent fraud involving Piles of gifts etc the cooloff is enforced even if one of the items used in the process of crafting or unboxing is currently tradeable. There was a bug at the start when the 7 day coolofff was introduced when crafting fabricators with parts bought from the SCM came with cooloff that remained when applied to the killstreak kits inturn making the weapons they get used on untradeable, when made within the cooloff period. The cooloff now wears of regardless so ignore what jozu said...

Troll is correct. If the case has 7 days cooloff the item it comes from will do also. Same for when you open an event crate. the paint/items/unusualifers within also have the TEMPORARY cooloff. Its to stop fraud and fencing

in the past Jozu was correct... tradable key + untradable crate would produce tradable item. However, it seems Valve changed this over the past year.

anyways...

Archived