Support for items duped more than once

ZiggyDeer

75cf220556f99c5a771d618c8a8ac98e.png.85ecb462a985dfef5efe5b1bbb8790cf.png

There are currently four people who own the same Vintage Max's Head (as seen above). However, Backpack does not show multiple dupes, only up to one. Would it be possible to incorporate recurrent dupes into the item history?

I know this isn't really going to be a problem for most people, but it does happen from time to time.

The order is automatically generated by the last seen date like every other item history too.

Yes the duped "sale" thing isnt really accurate. Also Big Bang And The Director have a Vintage Max Head too, I can see that from the item IDs without checking.

4 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

The order is automatically generated by the last seen date like every other item history too.

Yes the duped "sale" thing isnt really accurate. Also Big Bang And The Director have a Vintage Max Head too, I can see that from the item IDs without checking.

Yeah, I just checked it more thoroughly. This one item has been duped 14 times, so this is a very extreme example. And that's not including private profiles with it in their "last seen" backpacks, so this might be a higher number. That's astonishing.

I now realize what a difficult job it will be to make the duped history more accurate. But maybe this can be a long-term goal?

Someone created a script to track down duped items, idk if he can make it less resource intensive and if then the dev wants to include it. Duped items are not a high priority tho.

1 minute ago, Woifilicious said:

Someone created a script to track down duped items, idk if he can make it less resource intensive and if then the dev wants to include it. Duped items are not a high priority tho.

I understand. I wouldn't make it a priority either. However, I personally find it fun to search for the "most duped item in the game" just for the heck of it.

Anyway, it's not really important, just a request.

4 minutes ago, Kanye Weast said:

I understand. I wouldn't make it a priority either. However, I personally find it fun to search for the "most duped item in the game" just for the heck of it.

Anyway, it's not really important, just a request.

You are probably better off just joining the bp.tf discord and talking to "Ben" about it, he made the script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It's technically impossible without loading inventories more frequently in real time, which we're not going to do, so this isn't going to happen

I created a script for this. It basically just trawls through the backpack.tf item history, loading the inventory for each person in the history and then checking to see if they still own the item. If they do, then it's recorded on the page. It is completely inefficient, but it does work.

Archived