Can somebody help me make sense of this?

Mediocre Medic Main

So I have a Non-Tradable Strange Specialized Killstreak Wrapped Reviver Medi Gun (Field-Tested) and backpack.tf says it is worth 13.52 Ref although the steam market claims it is worth around three keys. Should I believe one over the other or is this simply not normal. I am VERY new to all this so this may sound very stupid, but I've looked around a ton and I can't seem to find any answers. I am sorry if this is very obvious and I'm just missing something. I am also sorry if this is not the correct place to post this.

Skins are always hard to find a proper price fore its not just you.  The price on the community market is the lowest seller while backpack's pricing is below even the buy orders on the community market. I'm not very good at pricing items so don't quote me on this, but based on past sales of the item and the fact its a spec killstreak medi-gun id say around 2-3 keys is a more accurate price.

5 minutes ago, Grimm Dawn said:

Skins are always hard to find a proper price fore its not just you.  The price on the community market is the lowest seller while backpack's pricing is below even the buy orders on the community market. I'm not very good at pricing items so don't quote me on this, but based on past sales of the item and the fact its a spec killstreak medi-gun id say around 2-3 keys is a more accurate price.

There is currently a seller at 3 keys although it's unlikely it will sell for that. The last sale was a quicksell but that's what BP.tf bases the price off. It would likely be neither but somewhere in between 13 ref and 3 keys, hard to say.

Look at recent sales in general, not just the most recent. See if there are any that aren't from buy orders. That'd be the best so long as you don't go too far back. You can also look at the non spec killstreaked version and then estimate how much a kit would add to the base item.

Archived