How can trade banned/Vac'ed people still trade?

JayTuut

E.g. The owner of the spellbound viewfinder + Sunbeams noh etc, got tradebanned but could still put on OP skins?

e.g., The unusual i was scammed out of when i was a noob ( https://backpack.tf/item/2345806868 ), i contacted steam and got him trade banned while it was still in his inventory (dont recall vac tho) and he managed to still trade it, it seems.

I don't get it, is there a way to trick the system or?

Trade ban probably wasn't permanent, as I've seen trade bans lifted after like 6 months or something. And VAC ban might have been for a different game.

Like Namakeen, the scammers probably switched to a private inventory the instant they made the trades and then traded the hats to a network of private bots. There is no way for valve to stop these as that can result in them falsely banning someone who bought that hat without knowing it's history. This very person offered on one of my expensive hats just Before going on the Spree, but luckily enough I'd never do a paypal trade that big. I feel sorry for the people who fell for his trust. This guy must've planned this for some time.

This is why I never will do a PayPal trade. It isn't worth the risk, especially with stuff like marketplace. Lets see, take 10% less or always have the risk of being charge backed. Why risk it?

2 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

This is why I never will do a PayPal trade. It isn't worth the risk, especially with stuff like marketplace. Lets see, take 10% less or always have the risk of being charge backed. Why risk it?

Risk it for the biscuit, homie.

2 hours ago, SpotlightR said:

Risk it for the biscuit, homie.

I don’t have biscuits today. I do however have the already made dough for crescent rolls that you just roll and pop in the oven. Does that count?

On 12/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Well karma for trading with scammers? ;)

didn't even trade with a clear scammer and tried to avoid it, what do you expect, so rude blocked everywhere

Archived