Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Brad Pitt

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Added the Chapelaria 6v6 Season 3 tournament medals
  • Contract loaner items no longer have an expiration date
  • Players viewing their ConTracker can no longer move or attack
  • Fixed the main menu not updating its layout after a resolution change
  • Fixed the Engineer's ConTracker animation
  • Fixed the Medic, Sniper, and Engineer not un-hiding their weapons at the end of the ConTracker animation
  • Fixed item collections sometimes incorrectly marking items as owned
  • Fixed rendering issues with the Infernal Flames, Infernal Smoke, Cloudy Moon, It's A Secret To Everybody, Ancient Eldritch, Eldritch Flame, and Death by Disco unusual effects
  • Updated the materials for Mandrew's Munificent Mug

View the full article

7 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:
  • Fixed item collections sometimes incorrectly marking items as owned

What does that mean?

When you have a tiered item from a collection all the items you have from that collection will have a tick next to them (or a star for Unusuals) to show you own it.

Some of the Jungle Inferno War Paint collections would incorrectly have ticks next to War Paints you didn't have.

1 hour ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

When you have a tiered item from a collection all the items you have from that collection will have a tick next to them (or a star for Unusuals) to show you own it.

Some of the Jungle Inferno War Paint collections would incorrectly have ticks next to War Paints you didn't have.

Ooh I see. 

• Fixed rendering issues with the Infernal Flames, Infernal Smoke, Cloudy Moon, It's A Secret To Everybody, Ancient Eldritch, Eldritch Flame, and Death by Disco unusual effects

People that own these effects, are they actually glitching less.

I own infernal flames and cloudy moon and wasn't aware of any problems with them in the first place. For the moons, do they mean the height adjustment bug that makes the moon spawn far away from your head?

51 minutes ago, ksolis01 said:

With my Cloudy Moon, yes. When I tried it with my Secret Warm-Up the hat itself disappeared which was odd. Although that might have been a hiccup with the server I was on.

40 minutes ago, KERPKEK said:

I own infernal flames and cloudy moon and wasn't aware of any problems with them in the first place. For the moons, do they mean the height adjustment bug that makes the moon spawn far away from your head?

Yes

7 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

Yes. Before this update, my Infernal Smoke Victory Lap looked kinda awkward because the "swirl" part of the effect didnt properly go around the taunt/bumper car while I was moving. This means that there used to be an awkward green circle and swirl next to the pentagram/smoke instead of around it as intended. It used to work properly only when standing still.

Now however the swirl goes around the car/pentagram at all times and no longer glitches, making the taunt look way better and less awkward.

Can't speak for the other effects since I don't own any of them at the moment but I really appreciate them fixing it. Infernal Smoke at least looks way beter on moving taunts now (and I assume the same goes for Infernal Flames)

Archived