How long should you give someone before reporting them?

Sir Sir

Hi there! Let's say you have an item and the advertisement in the classifieds says they will buy it for X amount. You send them the exact amount they need along with the exact item. They are active and keep bumping the listing but won't accept nor deny your offer.

How long would you give them before reporting the listing?

If they don't have premium so the listing isn't automatically bumped if they are offline, you should maybe wait around a day, unless they are offline. Check their steam to see if they have been offline, or you can always add them. However if they are active and not accepting or denying your offer, the listing should be deemed as "inactive" (This is only for full pure at the listed price) Offers for overpay etc. can be different.

3 hours ago, Mew2! said:

What id they're considering the deal though?

The idea behind a buy listing is that you'll immediately buy an item for the listed amount.  It's not "send me an offer for this amount, and I'll think about it."  It's your buyout, your price that you'll immediately buy for, with no negotiation.  You've got all the time in the world to consider the deal, up until the point where you post the listing.  At that point, it's expected that you've made your mind up and will buy it for that price.

You can get into some grey areas with out-of-date listings, or with people who might be offline and not have seen it, or automatic bumping, but there's no grey area if you've sent them an offer for their listed amount and they've seen it and just aren't sure if they want to follow through on their listing.  Of course, proving/enforcing that might be another matter...

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Alice? said:

This is so annoying. I’ve waited for hours without someone accepting my offer, even though they’re online.

how long has it been?try waiting a full day.if they still havent accepted your offer,take screenshots of the trade offer and the accused while he is online/profile of accused

Archived