Lets have a chat about rep.

LaughingLollipop

Precisely, why rep is not being moderated. The purpose as a gauge of trust for real money transactions makes sense, yet its being used to slander and quite frankly lie when new traders are not getting some highball b/o that they want.

I have received 2 -reps that do not meet the community standard. One has been there for days (despite multiple reports)

Remind me why such hearsay and blatant slander is tolerated?

And frankly I think its fucking hilarious that the last -rep comes from a guy banned from marketplace.tf for chargeback fraud/scamming, yet somehow still allowed on this site? (https://rep.tf/76561198131512154)

You don't understand how the site functions, yet you bust out that attitude that got you banned on the mainsite again lol.

Rep is highly moderated, they just have to be reported. Your negative rep hasn't been reported and thus it hasn't been removed. 

And that guy has received 0 reports on the site, again users need to be reported if they should be banned.

We don't have 500 mods scanning every user and every trust that is ever made on the site. No site does, they all work mostly with a reporting system.

16 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

You don't understand how the site functions, yet you bust out that attitude that got you banned on the mainsite again lol.

Rep is highly moderated, they just have to be reported. Your negative rep hasn't been reported and thus it hasn't been removed. 

And that guy has received 0 reports on the site, again users need to be reported if they should be banned.

We don't have 500 mods scanning every user and every trust that is ever made on the site. No site does, they all work mostly with a reporting system.

welp considering the wonderful feature where you don't allow reports from users who are not logger in, consider this a report against both - reps on my profile and the profile linked in the first post.

rest assured that I know with 100% confidence the first one was reported at least once (likely 3 times)

its painfully simple to read in a list of accounts banned on mp.tf and ban them here. Being lazy is no excuse.

• Administrators

I have removed your rep. As woifi pointed out, we get literally hundreds of trust ratings left daily and cannot moderate all of them. I do try to skim them when I have time but we work primarily on reports. If you wanted to be able to report your rep, maybe you should have considered that before insulting users and staff and getting yourself banned. 

As for random users banned on other sites - we're not able to process bans without reports, as we'd need the proof. We don't control our owners, unfortunately, so if they don't report those things or ban themselves, there isn't a lot we can do. I've asked the owners for evidence on that case, but in general we aren't aware of occurrences of chargebacks on other sites unless someone reports them.

Archived