Backpack.tf Secret Santa Announcement

HarryG

b95f045a8a942d0991f8e85133110a7a.png

Welcome to the backpack.tf Secret Santa 2017 hosted by Ebeneezer Scrooge (HarryG) and Bob Cratchit (ForteSP)! This year we are indeed, going to make Secret Santa great again. How are we going to do so?

-Removing Cruel, Cold, and Confusing Nonsense!
This year's Secret Santa will be fairly simple in terms of entering and gifting. Just comment on the Steam profile of HarryG (https://steamcommunity.com/id/redtextking , make sure you comment "Requesting addition to Secret Santa" or something similar or we won't know to add you to the event!), and your name will be added to the list. After all matches have been decided by a randomized system (on the signup close date of December 1, but we will still remind you with an announcement), an announcement will be posted. Following this announcement, you must add HarryG, or he can comment on your profile if you prefer, so that he can provide you with the person you will give a gift to. After you have your match, just send your gift to HarryG by the deadline and all gifts will be delivered on Christmas Day!  Note: In the event that HarryG's inventory becomes full (unlikely) it will be made known through a name change on HarryG's part (think something like HarryG's Gift Bag Is Full!) and all participants are to instead send their gifts to ForteSP (https://steamcommunity.com/id/ElsaQueenOfArendelle , comment in the same way!). 

-Christmas Compassion
Gift not wrapped properly? Miscount the amount of days 'til that game is tradeable and the deadline is upon ye? No worries, this year we will personally examine each and every case to make sure you don't get trampled by the angry mom on Black Friday that is automation. Because hey, this is the season for love and care, and even if machines are great, they can miss a few things that the good 'ol human eye can pick up on.

-Really Regal Rules and Restrictions
Nobody wants profound negativity creeping up on them in the holiday season! That's why there are some things that we will personally ensure that a grouchy Grinch gets the boot for in this event. Below are the following list of bannable offenses for this event:
-A current ban/caution tag on Steamrep or backpack.tf at the time of joining, no exceptions

-A current trade ban on Steam
-Outright refusal to give a gift. This will also ensure that said Grinch will not receive a gift and will be barred from all future Secret Santa events, instead that gift will be matched to the person that they stiffed. So don't bother!
-Demonstrated disrespect to backpack.tf staff or event forerunners during event. I mean, we have pretty thick skin over here, but like, don't be a demonstrably disrespectful disdainful dunce. 
-Being marked/banned on backpack.tf or Steamrep DURING the event. 

-Exceptional amounts of -trusts/-trusts with particularly interesting offenses detailed within 

-The Possibility To Procure Positively Prominent and Potent Prizes!
That's Correct! Amazing prizes to be had just for getting into the Christmas spirit!
Prize Categories Will Be-
Most Festive Gift
Most Fitting Gift
Funniest Gift

Good luck, Merry Christmas, and if you have any further questions, be sure to contact either ForteSP (https://steamcommunity.com/id/ElsaQueenOfArendelle) or HarryG(https://steamcommunity.com/id/redtextking)! Happy gifting!

No requirement like the last couple years that kept me from participating? " If you want to participate post in this thread. Same as last year you must have 30 forum posts or 10 accepted suggestions on the main site."

*edit Also sign me up

1 hour ago, 42isTooShort said:

No requirement like the last couple years that kept me from participating? " If you want to participate post in this thread. Same as last year you must have 30 forum posts or 10 accepted suggestions on the main site."

*edit Also sign me up

There's a reason that the guy who did it last year isn't doing it this year. Quite simply... He was incompetent.

13 hours ago, Busy Earnin said:

Should I use Gift Wrap to participate in the event or does the same system work as on the scrap.tf Secret Santa event?

You don't have to unless you want to. When you're assigned a person to give your present to, you'll trade the present to HarryG (or ForteSP if Harry's inventory is full) who will then give it to your recipient.

20 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

Is going to remake Backpack.tf 

?

As a side note; from now on if you comment here to sign up MAKE SURE to also comment on my profile so that our dual record-keeping and communication are as smooth and uninterrupted as possible

Archived