How does one deal with trading bots?

CLoudy Skies

Hey there!

So, I have a classified listing on backpack.tf for a certain item. My buy order was the best out there for that item, and I received a few trades each day. There were bots, but their buy prices were ridiculously low.

Now the bots made their price dangerously close to mine and I'm afraid they might increase the price so much that I'll be out of commission... Because after a certain limit there is no profit whatsoever and bots might stop just below that limit and I can't raise my buy price anymore.

Also, if I have the same price as a bot, people will buy from bots because they are automated... While I'm not.

I wouldn't really like to set up a bot myself, cause I have no idea how they work or someone might exploit the bot for some reason... That's just sceptical, I know. Also if I do the trade it feels much more satisfying to be honest.

So... Any advice on what to do next?

8 minutes ago, The Tea Overlord said:

deal with it, make your own bot or pick different items to buy

Well... I have only 3 keys and 20 ref so I can't be really picky about what I want to trade. 

As for making my own bot, is bptf automatic the way to go? I don't know how does it work, is there some sort of an instruction manual or something?

Just now, CLoudy Skies said:

Well... I have only 3 keys and 20 ref so I can't be really picky about what I want to trade. 

As for making my own bot, is bptf automatic the way to go? I don't know how does it work, is there some sort of an instruction manual or something?

don't use bp.tf automatic, it's not supported. bptf devs are making a new one

you can buy different items, maybe some niche items

5 minutes ago, The Tea Overlord said:

you can buy different items, maybe some niche items

Ok, I'll see what I can do. Also, i wanted to keep it a secret but there's no point anymore, I'm buying vintages and selling them at steam community market. It isn't really fast but it has worked really well, I'll do that while I can. Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, The Tea Overlord said:

Is there a source on this?

Just now, 42isTooShort said:

Is there a source on this?

backpack.tf devs have said that many times, it was in one of the blog posts too i believe

Try the new war paints, they're p desirable in certain skins. You can also rape the scm by buying terrible war paints selling at the price of crates, applying them to weapons and reselling to people.I did it for like a week, turned 20 cents into two dollars within a day. gl.

3 hours ago, Beautiful9Love said:

Try the new war paints, they're p desirable in certain skins. You can also rape the scm by buying terrible war paints selling at the price of crates, applying them to weapons and reselling to people.I did it for like a week, turned 20 cents into two dollars within a day. gl.

Ok, will try that, thanks for the tip!

7 hours ago, CLoudy Skies said:

Ok, I'll see what I can do. Also, i wanted to keep it a secret but there's no point anymore, I'm buying vintages and selling them at steam community market. It isn't really fast but it has worked really well, I'll do that while I can. Thanks for the help

Smart but not a secret. I do it all the time I want to raise money to buy another unusual of the steam market 

Archived