Confirmation Help

FishtheFish

Despite being connected to the internet, my authenticator appears unable to connect to the internet. The confirmation tab, for instance, gives me this: https://i.imgur.com/RrG203F.png . This makes it impossible to confirm trades, or really do anything on the app. I've tried:

-Restarting the App

-Restarting my phone

-Disconnecting and reconnecting from the internet

If anyone has any ideas, please leave them below! Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Apo said:

Do you have any system-wide adblockers installed? If so try disabling them for that app (or entirely.)

Thanks for your reply! Never had adblockers on this device. 

Have you tried relogging? One of my IRL friends claimed that they had no trade/market restrictions after logging out, then in, from the app.

Not sure if true.

11 minutes ago, ZeUbermensch said:

I assume you've reinstalled the app already, right?

5 minutes ago, Apo said:

Have you tried relogging? One of my IRL friends claimed that they had no trade/market restrictions after logging out, then in, from the app.

Not sure if true.

Haven't done either. Won't I receive a trade restriction though? Since that's my auth, that's where my Steam Guard codes come from. What about logging in?

2 minutes ago, FishtheFish said:

Haven't done either. Won't I receive a trade restriction though? Since that's my auth, that's where my Steam Guard codes come from. What about logging in?

Might be a problem, yeah. Have you tried using mobile data to connect? Maybe it's the network's problem.

3 minutes ago, ZeUbermensch said:

Might be a problem, yeah. Have you tried using mobile data to connect? Maybe it's the network's problem.

I have not and cannot receive mobile data; I use that phone as an auth because of that reason. Wouldn't want someone with malicious intent calling my service provider impersonating for me, asking for a SIM card, and then gaining access to my acc and confirmations that way.

Does transferring auth grant a trade hold? Or is that only when you remove it and then apply it on another device?

That looks like an internet problem to me. Either your internet is not working at all, or your connected to a poor internet source. I would try restarting your router or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network and see if that works.

1 hour ago, FishtheFish said:

My friend told me that when he relogged it didn't have a restriction for him. I personally have not tried it, so I don't know for sure.

You could try resetting the network settings of the device, or using another wifi maybe.

19 minutes ago, Xergoyf said:

That looks like an internet problem to me. Either your internet is not working at all, or your connected to a poor internet source. I would try restarting your router or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network and see if that works.

Internet is fine; it works perfectly outside of the Steam app itself. I'll have to look into using another connection. Thanks for your reply!

1 minute ago, Apo said:

My friend told me that when he relogged it didn't have a restriction for him. I personally have not tried it, so I don't know for sure.

You could try resetting the network settings of the device, or using another wifi maybe.

Unfortunately can't reset it because it's my college's connection. I'm just not certain how I'll log back in since that is the device that holds my Steam Guard code. I also tried resetting net setting and didn't have any luck. Thank you again for yet another response! 

Archived