Unu taunts dying

SVENNEN123

Unusual taunts already were unwanted.

Now this??

Good job valve, the taunts will be pretty mich worthless, good thing Im looking to buy one then! ;)

Any thought on this?

I don't think unusual taunts were ever supposed to be as much of a big thing as unusual hats anyway. Actually, when you think about it, unusual taunts are vastly inferior to unusual hats in a first place! When using an unusual hat your effect is visible all the time, regardless of what you're doing or what weapon you're holding. And unusual taunts? You need to stop, perform a taunt, and you can see the effect for a brief moment or for as long you don't do anything but loop the taunt.

With the recent increase in unusualifier drops, unusual taunts are going to hit the low shelf. And that's where they belong.

2 hours ago, AdamWTS said:

I don't think unusual taunts were ever supposed to be as much of a big thing as unusual hats anyway. Actually, when you think about it, unusual taunts are vastly inferior to unusual hats in a first place! When using an unusual hat your effect is visible all the time, regardless of what you're doing or what weapon you're holding. And unusual taunts? You need to stop, perform a taunt, and you can see the effect for a brief moment or for as long you don't do anything but loop the taunt.

With the recent increase in unusualifier drops, unusual taunts are going to hit the low shelf. And that's where they belong.

I don't believe they're inferior at all.

You see your hat effects ingame when:

1. You taunt

2. You lose a game

I may have missed something else, but these are the main ways. (3rd person doesn't count. It's either a cheat or server plugin)

You see your taunt effects ingame when:

1. You taunt

The only plus I see for hats is that other people can always see your effect. So, if you want to show off, hats may be better for you. (humblebrag by wearing hat)

However, there's also an argument to be made that taunts can be used to show off better than hats. Taunt effects are larger / more noticeable to yourself and others. (besides a few like 72/strike) Plus, you can have 8 unusual taunts on any 1 loadout, so you can show off more unusuals without having to go and change your loadout. (obvious-brag by taunting with every unusual taunt you own)

Nah, they are still wanted, just not at their current bp tf price when they were much rarer. We should actually be seeing a lot more movement in the unusual taunt market as more people can afford them.

20 minutes ago, Apo said:

You see your hat effects ingame when:

1. You taunt

2. You lose a game

You missed one of the biggest bonuses:

3. Instantly knowing if that person is a spy disguised as you.

Archived