mattje

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

What kinds of music do you listen to? (I don't feel like adding a poll)

I listen mainly to Jazz and Classical, especially if it's instrumental. I tend to enjoy instrumentals in general, especially orchestral music. (I define "instrumental" as being made with actual instruments)

Though, I am partial to video game music and remixes of it. Especially Touhou music.

I really, really do not like mainstream music or dubstep. Especially if the vocals are auto-tuned/electronicized. (Though if you call Propane Nightmares "mainstream", it's the lone exception)

Isn't there already a thread like this? Also I like electro house/dubstep.

The thread you're thinking of is "Music While Gaming".

I don't flare gun people to death to King of Swing, nor do I rocket jump to Tewi Eintewi (though considering how the song is about jumping to the moon...)

The thread you're thinking of is "Music While Gaming".

I don't flare gun people to death to King of Swing, nor do I rocket jump to Tewi Eintewi (though considering how the song is about jumping to the moon...)

No there was another, more broad music thread.

No there was another, more broad music thread.

I could only remember a thread like what are you listening now and post a video of it.

@Topic:

I like to hear to rock music old and new, I also like metal since 2 (or 3) years (disliked it before). But I'm open for every kind of music mostly so I have many other stuff in my collection (yep I bought >200 CD's so far).

Some things I dislike:

-Growling or Screaming Vocals (exceptions are there, Agalloch for example is one of my favourites bands)

-Ambient Stuff (may be good in the background are when you try to fell asleep but totally not when you fully concentrate on music)

-Noise and other stuff like that (I'm not that kind of a hipster yet)

-Hip-Hop/Rap (too few music here, good lyrics are just a bonus for me (exceptions on some german speaking bands) so most rap music is kinda boring for me, hip hop with a good background music is cool though)

I have my collection well sorted with tags and so on, I even have a rym profile:

http://rateyourmusic.com/~Woifi

I stopped listening extensively to music when I started playing tf2 nearly 2 years ago. That's why I was not really active lately.

And yeah I love concerts and I bought tickets worth more than 500€ just for this year already, lol.^^

Anything but Jazz, country, modern "rap" from pussies that beat women, and opera

Strangely I love classical.

Metal, trance & wub wub are my faves though.

Soundtracks/ OST remixes

zelda/mario/cavestory/totoro/laputa etc. etc.

Also cool songs I heard in movies or shows or pop hits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

some older, less specific threads: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/807-music/ , http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/12-music-thread/

anyway,

favorite song: Soothsayer by Buckethead has a special spot in my heart.

favorite band: Little People recently

favorite genre: not really a genre, but music without lyrics or purposely hard to understand lyrics

I never really keep a song as my "favorite" for very long as my tastes seem to always change. I guess if I had to choose some favorites:

Overall (still little iffy whether it is or not):

Favorite Song: As the Footsteps Die Out Forever by Streetlight Manifesto

Favorite Band: Streetlight Manifesto

Favorite Genre: Ska

Honestly though I get to like a song that sticks with me for a week and then through one means or another it changes.

Last week: Mr. Brightside by The Killers

2 weeks ago: Kill Your Heroes by AWOLNATION

3 weeks ago: L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. by Noah And The Whale

Archived