All days of the update are out

Happysedits

31 minutes ago, Discovery said:

Claid and Bison are finally viable again.

DR and Amby were fine imo, but Valve was all like

Homer.gif.8505347d44d4e1483297d4fca2d5ccb2.gif

DR and Amby were NOT fine.

Here's how not fine they were:

I hate Spy, almost never play Spy, and am terrible at Spy. I don't like flanking, sneaking, or being patient. I don't enjoy the class, and don't find it worthwhile to learn how to play it well. So my k/d as Spy is freaking terrible, below 1:1. I only go Spy to sap-and-stab-and-die on the final point so the team can push, or something similar.

However, I can equip those weapons and immediately improve to a 5:1 or 10:1 k:d, and without wasting a lot of time hiding. Not only do they let me survive when I screw up against more-skilled players and should die, but they also allow me to completely dominate less-skilled players with very little chance of accidentally dying. It's not fun for anyone, even me. Get behind enemy lines with little risk of death? Get a juicy pick with little risk of death afterwards? Absolutely murder, for free, any light class that stands still--from any range? Gain immediate invisibility and a speed boost as a reward for being discovered and attacked? Heck. That's not even fun at all. The outgoing designs were poor, and good riddance.

1 hour ago, 3.50 said:

DR and Amby were NOT fine.

Here's how not fine they were:

I hate Spy, almost never play Spy, and am terrible at Spy. I don't like flanking, sneaking, or being patient. I don't enjoy the class, and don't find it worthwhile to learn how to play it well. So my k/d as Spy is freaking terrible, below 1:1. I only go Spy to sap-and-stab-and-die on the final point so the team can push, or something similar.

However, I can equip those weapons and immediately improve to a 5:1 or 10:1 k:d, and without wasting a lot of time hiding. Not only do they let me survive when I screw up against more-skilled players and should die, but they also allow me to completely dominate less-skilled players with very little chance of accidentally dying. It's not fun for anyone, even me. Get behind enemy lines with little risk of death? Get a juicy pick with little risk of death afterwards? Absolutely murder, for free, any light class that stands still--from any range? Gain immediate invisibility and a speed boost as a reward for being discovered and attacked? Heck. That's not even fun at all. The outgoing designs were poor, and good riddance.

After a 10 minute round at Upward and some introspective assessment, I guess you're right about the Dead Ringer. Part of the reason I enjoyed the Dead Ringer so much was the aggressive decloaking it forced on me. Like you, I rarely find joy and satisfaction and reward in the patient, espionage style of playing Spy, which is why I go DR + Spy-Cicle + Amby most of the time. I never realized that it was so unfun and unfair to play against until now, when another player gave his point of view.

I don't understand why the Amby though, since the only complaint as far as I see from you is that the Amby "absolutely murder, for free, any light class that stands still--from any range." The way I see it, if they're standing still, they probably deserve to die. And I'm going to be that guy, but aiming with the Amby isn't easy, you know.

Best thing about this update will be increased maximum bp slots from 2000 to 2500.

I agree that DR was too strong against new players and need some nerf. Did i understand that destroyed buildings scraps will refill cloak? Bison and Claid change backs are great. Changes to Sandman and Guillotine are bad... now Sandman is useless and was changed because ball hits feel random???

I’d be fine with the DR nerf if they brought back using ammo packs while you’re invisible. It was pretty overpowered because of the combination of the speed boost/ammo pack bullshit, but completely removing it makes it really shit IMO. They’ll probably end up buffing the base regen rate or something, also probably a lot more letranger spies around now.

Ambassador nerf seems too harsh, but will see how much they made the damage falloff.

Archived