What constitutes offensive commenting?

RED265

Hi. I have no idea why I was warned on bp.tf and these forums for a sprinkle of dark humor, which has no real offensive comments being made? Could I get a mod's opinion on why I was warned for my dark humor jokes ?

9 minutes ago, Discovery said:

https://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/31871-forum-rules/

The first and third post in the link pretty much sum it up. I imagine that whatever comments are deemed offensive here in the forums would be basically the same in the main site.

Hide contents

Also, I'm a bit curious as to what was the joke/s that got you banned.

Saying the pyro's gas blast won't be actively sought after by (insert certain racial group with a past history) and saying the purple fetti law had a drop greater than a person on the World Trade Center on *bleep/bleep*.Heck, I deliberately designed those comments to be non malicious,not targeting any racial group in a negative way, not promoting any form of hate speech and just stating historical facts in the form of a joke #sad. The only one which appears I may be infringing on would be if a moderator doesn't find it a joke. 

I am not here to judge, as I can't care less, but there are many, many people whose had suffered from those historical facts and it's considered inpolite to joke about this. If you were stand up comedian and will start crackin' jokes in NYC about WTC, you would be booed, probably beaten and people would applaud that. Boundaries, even in dark humor, exist. You can all day joke about your dick, but, mate, these historical events caused many deaths of innocent people, and you should honor their relatives right to have peace. Try ti see perspective from their foot, would it be nice if we make deliberately designed jokes about your dead relatives? These jokes must be warned, banned and buried deep.

Referencing Jews with something related to Gas is not funny and rather offensive. Keep those jokes out of this community please.

2 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

Referencing Jews with something related to Gas is not funny and rather offensive. Keep those jokes out of this community please.

Fair enough, wolf. I do not find it offensive, but if the moderator does not find it funny, fair enough.

8 minutes ago, Hack_SlashLTU said:

I am not here to judge, as I can't care less, but there are many, many people whose had suffered from those historical facts and it's considered inpolite to joke about this. If you were stand up comedian and will start crackin' jokes in NYC about WTC, you would be booed, probably beaten and people would applaud that. Boundaries, even in dark humor, exist. You can all day joke about your dick, but, mate, these historical events caused many deaths of innocent people, and you should honor their relatives right to have peace. Try ti see perspective from their foot, would it be nice if we make deliberately designed jokes about your dead relatives? These jokes must be warned, banned and buried deep.

It's considered impolite, but it's not considered hate speech. And yeah, boundaries exist in dark humor, which is why I made the joke as non-offensive as possible. Btw I would laugh away at properly done jokes about my dead relatives sooooo.....matter of perspective there? Anyway I found out basically it was a retrospective punishment done quite unfairly, it was an official warning issued for the joke made way before my first official warning for the gas blast reference, and I got the official warning for it today for the gas blast warning yesterday, although the joke was made weeks ago. Tl;dr, i'm trying to come to an amicable solution with the moderator involved that's logically fair

• RED265 locked this topic
2 minutes ago, RED265 said:

Fair enough, wolf. I do not find it offensive, but if the moderator does not find it funny, fair enough.

It's considered impolite, but it's not considered hate speech. And yeah, boundaries exist in dark humor, which is why I made the joke as non-offensive as possible. Btw I would laugh away at properly done jokes about my dead relatives sooooo.....matter of perspective there? Anyway I found out basically it was a retrospective punishment done quite unfairly, it was an official warning issued for the joke made way before my first official warning for the gas blast reference, and I got the official warning for it today for the gas blast warning yesterday, although the joke was made weeks ago. Tl;dr, i'm trying to come to an amicable solution with the moderator involved that's logically fair

The world is not centered around you. What you find funny others might find offensive. Just because you can laugh about dead relatives doesn't mean most people can. We try to make most people comfortable here.

Archived