War Paint

Fatcatteddy

Anyone else wondering how the war paints are going to affect the economy? Curious after all the hype dies down what the average price will be. People don’t realize how this will affect the killstreak kit price. People will want the kits for the new weapons they receive from the campaign. (Yes, you receive the weapon with the skin on it, you don’t apply it on a previous weapon.) So for instance you get a cool skin and it’s strange and you apply it to let’s say a rocket launcher. You would have to buy a completely new kit which professional killstreak kits can go for at least 24 keys right now and might skyrocket.  But I’m curious what you guys think on the skins.

Day 2 of Jungle Inferno: http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/campaign.php

Well it doesn't state specifically that they can't be applied to pre-existing items.

All it says is that you won't have to sacrifice existing items. Meaning it could do both. However the cynic in me thinks they will not be able to be applied.

Also, as far as we can see, only non-stock weapons are getting these paints. Rocket launcher/medigun/other expensive kits are mostly stock weapons.

From the way I read it, it sounds like war paints aren’t linked to items at all. The paint is the pattern, and if you “redeem” it you turn it into one of the weapons you can select, which you don’t actually have to own.

could cause problems for rare stranges though.

Also there will be lots of unusual weapons? " Some War Paints even feature Stat Tracking and Unusual effects " so now ANY weapon can have unusual effect? This is madness!!!

Most of the war paints look trash imo, save for Park Pigmented, Star Crossed and Kill Covered.

Not much of a fan of the whole every weapon can be unusual now concept, though honestly unusual swords would look dope. Especially the Eyelander. Imagine having the eye effect, the unusual effects and killstreakers of the sword and your other weapons, the potential 3 stack of unusuals all at once. 

I rarely see someone spend so much on a Pro KS kit on the most of the weapons that can have war paint on, so I doubt they'll have much, if any effect on the prices of the kits. Kits for popular weapons like the Eyelander or the Jag or the Iron Bomber may spike up a bit, but I don't see this having much of a consequence to their prices.

From what i see is that you can put the paint on a lot of items, even the holy mackarel. They're not gonna exclude stock weapons for christ sake. Valve never said "these are the only items you can apply the paint too." It's also going to be a lot like Prof killstreaks, in terms of people looking for a very specific paint job, either strange or unusual. Just gonna have to let it ride, i believe it isn't gonna hurt the economy though. 

Archived