SCAMMER ALERT

ellzo

Hey, I am sorry if this is in the wrong place (please do tell me where it should be sorry). Basically one of my closest friends on steam who i have known for a while now was interested in buying my tf2 inventory. He wanted to do this cash and having dealt with this friend with cash before and had no issues I went for it. He wanted to buy my entire inventory and so I said $200 to which he agreed to, He asked me to go first and requested all of my good items in a trade, i accepted the trade and waited for the PayPal and suddenly that was it, blocked on everything, discord, steam, etc. The guy is a fucking asshole and I would appreciate it if anyone could report him

http://steamcommunity.com/id/334A/ is the scammer. Thanks, guys.

Are there any next steps I should take. I have reported it to steam support and reported his profile, what else can I do? oh and also, if anyone sees an account selling this stuff please do tell me and help me get them back! https://gyazo.com/0857070500e29285d465b867a72cf895

Mass reporting does absolutely nothing on trading sites/SR other than annoy moderators so please don't ask others to do that for you. Report them on the main site and include unedited screenshots of as much of your chat as possible, the trade in your trade history, and proof that no payment was sent to you. 

do you have screenshots of the agreement? If so you can report it to steamrep and f-o-g, but otherwise you're SOL.

Steam support doesn't help deal with scammers, and unless you have screenshots SR won't help either.

If he's still on your friends list you might be able to pull up chatlogs from your phone, but if that doesn't work I don't think there's anything you can do.

okay thank you guys for the advice! How do I report it to steamrep? Also I believe that i still have the chatlogs on steam as i never closed the window so thats good!

11 minutes ago, ellzo said:

okay thank you guys for the advice! How do I report it to steamrep? Also I believe that i still have the chatlogs on steam as i never closed the window so thats good!

Go steamrep and report fraud. Put in the evidence and his details and your details there.

Has now been steamrep banned! Thanks for the help. hopefully this will make it really hard for him to sell my items and stop anyone else getting scammed in the future.

Trust nobody guys haha

pretty sad that they would do small cash trades just to gain your trust and then scam you when its big time cash.im glad you have him steamrep banned

Archived