My trading story and also a Question

poi

So when I started trading a few months ago, my only item was a Brotherhood of Arms which I received as a gift. I managed to work my way up to around a 7-8 key backpack through a mixture of both luck and determination. 

Now that my backpack is in unusual quicksell range, I've been looking to just trade all of it for an unusual discounted. Do y'all think this would be a good move or should I just keep on working up slowly? 

3 minutes ago, poi said:

So when I started trading a few months ago, my only item was a Brotherhood of Arms which I received as a gift. I managed to work my way up to around a 7-8 key backpack through a mixture of both luck and determination. 

Now that my backpack is in unusual quicksell range, I've been looking to just trade all of it for an unusual discounted. Do y'all think this would be a good move or should I just keep on working up slowly? 

work up a tad more. 7-8 keys does not give you much flexibility to upgrade, so you'll probably be stuck in cancer range

19 minutes ago, RED265 said:

work up a tad more. 7-8 keys does not give you much flexibility to upgrade, so you'll probably be stuck in cancer range

Is there like a generally agreed on number for this or is it just like do whenever I feel like is the right time? Low-tier to mid-tier trading is tiring since everyone treats backpack.tf as gospel basically. I've heard that unusual trading is like more "leaps-and-bounds" to say rather than the slow grind present in everything below.

8 minutes ago, poi said:

Is there like a generally agreed on number for this or is it just like do whenever I feel like is the right time?

8-10 keys is the base minimum, but it's generally better to start off with 12-14 keys, or optimally 18-20.

The reason for this is because you would have the funds to get either a hat with a higher demand for a quicker flip, or can get multiple hats so that your eggs are not all in one basket.

3 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

8-10 keys is the base minimum, but it's generally better to start off with 12-14 keys, or optimally 18-20.

The reason for this is because you would have the funds to get either a hat with a higher demand for a quicker flip, or can get multiple hats so that your eggs are not all in one basket.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'll try some (in all probability a lot) to reach unusual range

Archived