I've been scammed.

DAKVAKSKIZ

Begging is not going to get you anything. You made a mistake, got scammed, and now must live with the consequences; you will not get the hat back. On the bright side, this mistake only cost you $60, small change in the grand scheme of things, and better to have this life lesson over a virtual hat than your vehicle or house.

What you can do is file reports on the accounts that scammed you to hopefully help prevent something similar happening to another person down the line.

As for recovering, yes, you can recover. Your backpack was not wiped out, so you are not starting from scratch. If you can liquidate your taunts, fortified compound, and botkiller wrench, you'll have 7 keys, which can be enough to get back into unusual trading (An additional cash injection of 2-4 keys would also help immensely here). Yes, it'd be at the bottom level of unusual trading, but the potential for profit and recovery is there.

3 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Begging is not going to get you anything. You made a mistake, got scammed, and now must live with the consequences; you will not get the hat back. On the bright side, this mistake only cost you $100, small change in the grand scheme of things, and better to have this life lesson over a virtual hat than your vehicle or house.

What you can do is file reports on the accounts that scammed you to hopefully help prevent something similar happening to another person down the line.

As for recovering, yes, you can recover. Your backpack was not wiped out, so you are not starting from scratch. If you can liquidate your taunts, fortified compound, and botkiller wrench, you'll have 7 keys, which can be enough to get back into unusual trading (An additional cash injection of 2-4 keys would also help immensely here). Yes, it'd be at the bottom level of unusual trading, but the potential for profit and recovery is there.

As for the part on begging and consequences, I understand. The thread was made in the heat of the moment, I admit I'm a bit blind when distressed. I have filed reports.

As for the advice on trading, I will attempt this. Thank you.

Archived