Key prices

Timonk

Who wants to change the key prices? (i dont have enough points to do it because i dont do it normally)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Keyprices

• Lowered
    • Raised
    • i want the old key prices >:(
  2. 2. Tf 2 Economy

• good
    • bad
    • gets better
    • gets worse

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST CALM DOWN WITH THOSE KEY PRICES

I complain because im a poor as fuck tf 2 player who just wants the key prices lowered because its like cat and mouse but the mouse gets faster and the cat gets slower.

like, do the riches wanna get more ref for their keys or why do they raise it all the time?

key prices haven't gone up smh

Keys are exactly the same price they've always been. $2.49. The value of refined metal is dropping because it has no ties to any real currency. The amount of ref keeps going up, so its value keeps going down. This is Supply and Demand, from Economics 101.

Ref's value is going to keep going down and that's not going to change unless Valve decides to implement some form of metal sink.

To be honest rise of key price in ref is always good thing for new players (but not f2p), in old times you could use key bought in mann co store to trade for like 2-3 hats. And now where key is over 30 ref you can trade it for many hats so you can have hat for each of class and still some ref to buy other stuff. Only people complaning are f2p scrubs who didnt support Valve with a single cent.

7 hours ago, tardlife said:

I think 100 ref for one key would be a nice even number, would make trading so much easier.

Unless you're trying to buy keys with ref...LOL

1 hour ago, MeFigaYoma said:

Unless you're trying to buy keys with ref...LOL

EXACTLY! So nobody would bother trading with keys, to much of a hassle.

Nobody trading = Keeping the price nice and stable. 

-  economics 101

The value of keys hasn't changed at all, the value of Refined Metal has. Keys have always and always will cost $2.49 from the Mann Co. Store and ~$1.7-$2 from other sources. If you really want to start trading then you should spend a couple bucks on a few keys, otherwise, you'll be making less than a penny's worth of profit from making a scrap profit on each trade.

so if u want to trade up for ref its like:

1 cent is now worth 0.2 cents and 2 bucks are now worth 600 cents!

HAVE A NICE FUCKIN DAY MY CITIZENS

lol

4 minutes ago, Timonk said:

btw what about the riches give out some ref to the f2p so that they can craft cosmetics?

What about you give me a reason why should I share my hard-earned metal with people who not only never spent a single cent on a game, but they expect free money for playing it?

6 hours ago, Timonk said:

lol

1st, lemme say that item trading is easy.

2nd, If you're going to complain about a bunch of work with little to no pay

"1 cent is now worth 0.2 cents and 2 bucks are now worth 600 cents!"

Why don't you just get a real job and buy the hats you wan't instead of complaining and begging like every other "f2p"

6 hours ago, Timonk said:

btw what about the riches give out some ref to the f2p so that they can craft cosmetics?

And judging from the fact you want rich people to give poor people refined so they can craft cosmetics makes me think you have little to no trading experience and you're just complaining about shit like any other person would.

Just learn how to item trade more effectively and you won't care about what the key prices are. I can say that from personal experience. It's easy.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:35 AM, Timonk said:

lol

Or you could just scrounge up $20 and buy some keys.  If you can't scrounge up $20, the last thing you should be doing is engaging in a high risk activity like trading, because you're fucking poor. 

Archived