Share your worst experiences trading

RED265

Hi guys! I was just wondering what were your worst experiences while trading, besides getting scammed/sharked? I'd go with a high value trader telling me my unusual's worth a lot less than my asking price(Spellbound hottie's hoodie, ffs), and offered a lowball unpriced roboactive pyro hat for it, and saying I can't ask for his other unusuals.

One dude blocked me because he didn't understand that 1.44 keys means around a key and a half, and not 1 key 44 ref. I was partway through explaining how decimal points work when he blocked me.

also this guy

a4a119ddb5.png

People who try telling you their shit unusual is god tier and then offer it on your good items.

People who agree to sell/buy at a certain price, then decline the trade when its on mobile confirmation.

Story of me trying to buy an item. We agreed on a price (slightly below his b/o in full pure, it was like 185 keys or something.) He told me I needed to wait, because he wasn't sure or whatever. I told him I didn't have time to just wait around, and that I may decide to buy something else. If he wanted to do the trade he'd have to accept it right now (or before I buy something else.) Like a day later I bought other stuff with my keys. He got really mad and tried reporting me and leaving -rep on my backpack.tf trust page for "backing out of a trade agreement."

34693b412f32ef1c4a8deef08b8096a9.png

This asshole.

"Stoof" a guy community known for being a greedy jackass.

Stoof added me way back when I had a Demonflame Killer Exclusive. Stoof offered 5 different times (all of which I declined) before adding me.

Stoof's trading tactic is to be your friend when you have something he wants. He will compliment you, your items, and just generally have conversations with you and pretend to be your friend. All of it just to get him a little closer to winning your item over in a trade. If you decline one of his shitty offers (usually his offer is about 60-75% of your item's value in items) he will guilt trip you into thinking youre passing up on a good offer. Eventually he even takes this to the next level and will personally attack YOU.

Stoof constantly highballs his hat, claiming some sort of "rarity" usually. And vice versa to that, he always lowballs yours.

Stoof is your Classic Jackass Trader ON STEROIDS.

He put me through his storm of bullshit with my Demonflame Killer Exclusive (adding me, being my friend, blocking me, adding me, etc etc), then he did it AGAIN when I got my scorching flames Team Captain. By the time I had the Team Captain I was a little wiser and more mature so I was the one that blocked him.

TLDR; Stoof is a horrible person to trade with. His deceptive tactics will make you feel like shit if you don't like his offer. Do not trade with him, or you will walk away with either less backpack value or a little less happiness. Many members of this community will agree with me.

@flaimbo0t he is banned on outpost for sharking and have archive report on SR, i get like 300 offer from him in last couple years (all was declined) finally decide to block him

1) Trying to sell cheap items to bots, and end up with an error

2) Items Now Unavaliable to Trade

3) Someone attempts to buy your unusual for full, but then spends it all on something else

4) Reserving an unusual for 1 or more weeks, ends up still in your inventory cause buyer went on to buy something else

And yea, all this makes me pull out gray hairs.

guys like *NAMES REMOVED* ( < thought better of naming names, but y'all know who I'm sure. worst 5 offenders )

you give them a fair offer with several downgrades, hats in-date or u are lowest seller but all fair pricing, etc... and they say "no, looking for more like 30% overpay on bp price" when they have it listed for 25% under bp price cuz it's not worth bp price lol

OR when they have the bloody thing listed as a 'quicksell' at either over a month, or it's a short listing but like 1 or 2 keys under bp price, and still won't even take decent hats  (like 3 or 4) to downgrade their obviously overpriced unusual.

People who use the excuse "you say its hard selling it so i can do (arrogantly low price that takes advantage of what you said) ok?? i wont go higher see u later goes offline

- People who offer 8 keys for an unusual

- People who ask you to reserve an unusual until there keys are tradable, and then buy someone else's hat instead

- Items unavailable for trade / trade offer canceled

- People who rather receive no offers than offers of items they dont like

- People who value items like Killstreaked Australiums incorrectly because of blindly looking at bp.tf price instead of the classifieds

- People who ask for 30% overpay 

- People who try to buy an unusual with nothing of value in their backpack

- People who Random Trade on trade servers

- People who trade you asking you to offer on their cancer, then call you a lowballer

- People who undercut too much and start undercutting wars, who subsequently screw over everyone trying to sell their hat AND wind up selling for less anyways

- People who refuse to even think about trading for certain items (i.e Taunts, dupes)

- People who value spells, low-crafts and other additions absurdly high

- People who never accept there buy order listings

+ much more :^)

1 hour ago, FLAIMBOT_ said:

34693b412f32ef1c4a8deef08b8096a9.png

This asshole.

"Stoof" a guy community known for being a greedy jackass.

X2fxSS9.png

Just your everyday Stoof offer (this is a joke, not a real offer, but if I hadn't pointed this out you might've not even questioned it).

I personally don't hate him but find him annoying sometimes with his "spammy" one-sided offers. It's not difficult to decline an offer.

IMO the "worst" I'd say is people that will waste your time. They want your item but don't want to pay much for it. They will throw 5+ offers at you trying to get the best possible deal for themselves, none of which you'd even come close to accepting. When you look through their items and take the time to come up with an offer, they decline. 30 minutes wasted, 0 trades made.

Can we make this thread not into a witch hunt thread please? 

Different people prefer different things, and value items at different prices. Many will try to get the maximum profit out of theirs which it's somewhat understandable.

27 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

Can we make this thread not into a witch hunt thread please? 

Different people prefer different things, and value items at different prices. Many will try to get the maximum profit out of theirs which it's somewhat understandable.

It's okay to try and get the level of profit you want, however sharking, scamming, pressuring people into selling for a desired price, or lying about the value of an item they want to the seller is just an underhanded move. This isn't about witch-hunting, it's about sharing the worst experience they've had. However, I can't say that I agree with naming people, but then again it's their choice.

Just now, Alen said:

It's okay to try and get the level of profit you want, however sharking, scamming, pressuring people into selling for a desired price, or lying about the value of an item they want to the seller is just an underhanded move. This isn't about witch-hunting, it's about sharing the worst experience they've had. However, I can't say that I agree with naming people, but then again it's their choice.

Yes of course I excluded banable tactics from that, I thought that goes without saying. ;)

of course some people get back what they give and I don't feel sorry 1 bit for them. hello to all u profit whores who i blocked ages ago lol

https://imgur.com/a/P01Ys

This multi day back and forth. We finally agreed on a deal, then he sends the offer with two randomly added black paint cans, then goes offline for 10 hours. I refuse to accept out of spite due to his shitty attitude the entire trade. This was his response.

5qk1M08.png

Overall one of the worst trading expenses I've ever had but glad I didn't go through with it. 

4 hours ago, Woifilicious said:

Yes of course I excluded banable tactics from that, I thought that goes without saying. ;)

Actually, sometimes witch hunting would be good. Eliminates traders who push the boundaries of good trading, would force them out of the market at lower rates they are forced to cash out at.

When people attempt to sell my Milkmans for extremely high prices just because I collect them.
I've been offered a Secret Milkman 13 times and a Harvest one 8 times, yes I keep count.

I'm sure @HarryG can also attest to this in regards to his Collector's collection.

1 hour ago, Plantlord said:

For me is hearing about idiots falling for scams and knowing the scammer just got 20 keys for free.

Well, they could be kids who do not know about the typical scams. And i'm asking about your worst experience while trading, not while you wallow in the misery and tears of scammed children, you devil, you.:P

lol its not only kids, my 19-year-old friend fell for the impersonation scam two months ago and lost his 16 keys unusual so yea...idiots

i guess checking someone's backpack.tf before trading is the hardest thing in the world

Archived