"Mouse-over" suggestion.

DietDoritos

Ok, so I was recently scammed out of a high-dollar sniper rifle skin for TF2 (FN Spec KS Festive Balloonicorn Sniper Rifle worth about $33.). He offered enough for me to make a profit off all the items, and I accepted, but when I went to my inventory and I instantly noticed something was wrong, the skins were less than what they were listed as! I tried to tell him that the items were the wrong price and that I'd send him his items back for mine, but he simply said "I will not do it, I'm sorry. I'm tired of talking to you. I have to go"

He said to look in his inventory and look at one of his items (Some Haunted Ghosts Fruit Shoot or whatever) and it was worth 50 keys. I looked at it and saw tiny letters after I moused over it that said "Suggested Values" and it was worth 39-44 keys. I'll admit my negligence about not looking into it more thoroughly, but isn't the price on the items icon the bp.tf-suggested price?

My suggestion is to switch the two around, making the bp.tf price the one on the item's icon, and having a "User wants:"-style thing in the place of the "Suggested Values" spot.

InvCap.PNG

The tag infrong of it shows that's the selling price, and you should always do more research into unusuals anyways, before I buy one I always look at the last sugg, look at sellers and se what it has sold for recently, be sure to do you due diligence and this won't be a problem

this isnt a scam but he did lie and manipulate you.this nearly happened to me.i was offered a good unusual in which they told it was worth 70 but it actually had no price on bp.tf.be very careful in the future

27 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

might i know what exactly did you trade your sniper rifle for?

It was a Bitter Taste of Lime & Defeat Strange Lady Killer (With parts, "Assists" and "Unusual-Wearing Player Kills"), a Deep Commitment to Purple Strange Summer Shades (Chromatic Corruption) and two keys.

He played it out to be 10.15 keys, which was fine & dandy because I only paid 8-ish keys for it, but after I received the items and did the math, I found it to be only 7.48 keys.

45 minutes ago, DietDoritos said:

It was a Bitter Taste of Lime & Defeat Strange Lady Killer (With parts, "Assists" and "Unusual-Wearing Player Kills"), a Deep Commitment to Purple Strange Summer Shades (Chromatic Corruption) and two keys.

He played it out to be 10.15 keys, which was fine & dandy because I only paid 8-ish keys for it, but after I received the items and did the math, I found it to be only 7.48 keys.

did he tell you that his items were 10.15 keys?

5 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

did he tell you that his items were 10.15 keys?

Yes, he told me that his items (And the two pure) was worth 10.15 keys. I have proof if you'd like to see it. Mind you my repl(y)(ies) was almost twelve hours later when I accepted the trade. (After I'd woken up the next morning.)

Johnny5.PNG

5 hours ago, DietDoritos said:

Yes, he told me that his items (And the two pure) was worth 10.15 keys. I have proof if you'd like to see it. Mind you my repl(y)(ies) was almost twelve hours later when I accepted the trade. (After I'd woken up the next morning.)

Johnny5.PNG

well bp.tf does not automaticallly price the spells.it only count the price of paints and parts.since it was with a spell,johnny said it was worth more due to the spell.he isnt lying however.you can raise the price higher if it has a spell.

12 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

well bp.tf does not automaticallly price the spells.it only count the price of paints and parts.since it was with a spell,johnny said it was worth more due to the spell.he isnt lying however.you can raise the price higher if it has a spell.

He used his price that he listed it for instead of using the actual price. I'll admit fault for not being more observant, but he downright scammed me.

On 29-9-2017 at 11:54 PM, DietDoritos said:

Ok, so I was recently scammed out of a high-dollar sniper rifle skin for TF2 (FN Spec KS Festive Balloonicorn Sniper Rifle worth about $33.). He offered enough for me to make a profit off all the items, and I accepted, but when I went to my inventory and I instantly noticed something was wrong, the skins were less than what they were listed as! I tried to tell him that the items were the wrong price and that I'd send him his items back for mine, but he simply said "I will not do it, I'm sorry. I'm tired of talking to you. I have to go"

He said to look in his inventory and look at one of his items (Some Haunted Ghosts Fruit Shoot or whatever) and it was worth 50 keys. I looked at it and saw tiny letters after I moused over it that said "Suggested Values" and it was worth 39-44 keys. I'll admit my negligence about not looking into it more thoroughly, but isn't the price on the items icon the bp.tf-suggested price?

My suggestion is to switch the two around, making the bp.tf price the one on the item's icon, and having a "User wants:"-style thing in the place of the "Suggested Values" spot.

InvCap.PNG

You lucky bastard. Imagine if that unusual was like 10 keys. You did get sharked in some way by that guy but the damage is minor :D

Archived