Cap prices based on SCM values at lowest current price

Axle Change

Long story short when SCM pricing changed to be based on sales rather than the lowest seller, pricing of killstreaks, etc became very inconsistent. A lot of this seems to have to do with sales that are outliers on SCM. Too lazy to actually link something here, but most of the time when killstreak values are fluctuating it is because someone randomly buys one from SCM at an insane price even when there are lower sellers available. To help counteract this, values /prices on SCM could be capped at the lowest current seller: for example if a recent sale occurred at $4 and there is a current seller for $2, $2 should be used rather than $4 in a similar way to buyout capping sales.

Would be nice to show both values in separate places but use whichever is lower for the value in backpacks.

I really miss having SCM links available for items.

11 minutes ago, Julia said:

I really miss having SCM links available for items.

Second this, tbh it doesn't really matter how wack the values displayed are as long as you can check scm recent sales. But you cant for some items now, which is really irritating.

I already suggested they should remove it. People are transfering money between accounts by using high prices so its making the trend data false. and is in no way accruate.

52 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

People are transfering money between accounts by using high prices so its making the trend data false

This definitely seems like what it is but I don't see what motivation people have to randomly transfer steam wallet funds through tf2 sales. If they transferred only through some general steam thing they could avoid the extra fee, which is quite large.

Archived