Special Tag for people who frequently add unboxers and offer heavily one sided trades

eXuberant

36 minutes ago, Axle Change said:

No, you would still be able to look for items once they join the site or any existing items. It just specifically blocks people from searching for new unboxers that don't know about backpack.tf, not even all unboxes.

If i'm looking for a specific item, I don't care who owns it. It wouldn't matter if they're very experienced, or have no experience.

This proposed change would remove functionality for legitimate users. Bad idea.

21 hours ago, Axle Change said:

No, because the person would have to disable it for their own unboxes. Basically just don't show unusuals in premium search for some person unless that specific person pushes something on the site. If you actually use the site you could turn the feature off for yourself (i.e. you don't have to press something for it to show in the database anymore). This way if you actually know what you're doing, nothing changes but for new users the feature would block people from sharking.

Best idea ^^ IMO. Basically stops newbies from getting instantly added by a bunch of "Very low buyers." I really like this idea, and would like to see it implemented, as I think sharking is one of the biggest problems right now with the multiclass unlocked crate being a thing.

And IMO, rn premium is just a shark and trade bumper tool, yes a lot of people use it to find their dream hats or hats they'd really like to get, and then negotiate a fair price for said hats, but there is a huge amount of god tier hat unboxers being added and getting sharked, as a premium user myself I think premium would still be worth it with these changes implemented, yes there may be less people I can find with my dream hat to offer on it, but if it stops or reduces sharking I'm all for it, and I know a lot of other users would be as well.

Some people trade unboxers. Other users, who complain about trading unboxers in this very thread, prefer trading marked scammers :thinking:

On 9/22/2017 at 10:30 PM, eXuberant said:

This "caution tag" should be specially made to warn unboxers that the user they are dealing with has repeatedly done unfair trades with unboxers.

How would you define "unfair trades"? Trades are highly subjective and trades with unboxers are not necessarily sharks just because you would not agree to these trades. You might find a trade uneven because you like hat X more than hat Y but another person might see it differently.

The values of items is subjective and not everybody is in to max their  profits; others just wants items they actually like and more importantly use. A profit trader will have different priorities than say a heavy main. A heavy main who unboxes a soldier hat might simply look to get a heavy hat they like whereas a profit trader wouldn't care about the looks of a hat that much. 

Recently I stumbled over a profile of a heavy main who said that if people trade with him he will value soldier items the least and heavy items the most. Does making trades with him now result in "unfair deals"? No, it absolutely doesn't. You might find these trades "unfair" but that is you.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:30 PM, eXuberant said:

Seeing as you decided to call me out I have to ask what exactly do these item histories proof or demonstrate? All they show is that I have traded with unboxers. Does that imply that I sharked them? Absolutely not. Do these histories show that I have given them "unfair trades" as you like to call it? No. So what kind of "evidence" is this? If you or any other trader thinks the trades I made were sharks please provide actual evidence. 

1 hour ago, iTrade ™ said:

Seeing as you decided to call me out I have to ask what exactly do these item histories proof or demonstrate? All they show is that I have traded with unboxers. Does that imply that I sharked them? Absolutely not. Do these histories show that I have given them "unfair trades" as you like to call it? No. So what kind of "evidence" is this? If you or any other trader thinks the trades I made were sharks please provide actual evidence. 

This thread isn't necessarily about sharking, as much as it is about searching dumb unboxers that tend to give you good deals. Searching out people to pray on their inexperience for a profit is a very scummy tactic. I dont care one bit if you manipulated them or not, the act of abusing the premium search in this way has already made me lose any respect I had for you.

2 hours ago, iTrade ™ said:

Most of these trades are hard to use as ammunition against you. They suffer from backpack histories either missing dates where items could have been added or removed, or inventories going private.

The purple energy surgeons stahlhelm was sold to you for 35 keys with it's price being 110 keys. Granted, between Jul 12 and Jul 18, any other keys or unusuals could have been sold off, but juding by this profile, there may have been CS:GO items involved..

You also got the BF Conquistador which you bought with a GE Bear Necessities, 1 key difference, no real biggie.

Really, the big problem is that there's no way to know what TF2 or CS:GO or what not items have been traded for what.
If you would like to defend yourself by showing us your trade histories, than feel free to do so.

18 minutes ago, lilwayneVEVO said:

The purple energy surgeons stahlhelm was sold to you for 35 keys with it's price being 110 keys. Granted, between Jul 12 and Jul 18, any other keys or unusuals could have been sold off, but juding by this profile, there may have been CS:GO items involved..

Please do not make false assumptions based off compare links. I bought the Stahlhelm for 55 keys pure which at that time was the buy order. Proof for this has been provide countless of times, including in the backpack.tf discord. Compare links only show so much. https://imgur.com/OiSKih3 What's next? You gonna say the Steam History lies? 

28 minutes ago, Xergoyf said:

This thread isn't necessarily about sharking, as much as it is about searching dumb unboxers that tend to give you good deals. Searching out people to pray on their inexperience for a profit is a very scummy tactic. I dont care one bit if you manipulated them or not, the act of abusing the premium search in this way has already made me lose any respect I had for you.

Again, you assume the unboxers are all dumb idiots. That's a false assumption. Furthermore, neither I nor anybody else who trades with anybody they find on backpack premium, be it unboxers or not, is abusing premium. 

1 minute ago, iTrade ™ said:

Again, you assume the unboxers are all dumb idiots. That's a false assumption. Furthermore, neither I nor anybody else who trades with anybody they find on backpack premium, be it unboxed or not, is abusing premium. 

I never made that assumption nor is it really relevant. Maybe half know what they are doing but most are new traders with little to no experience. How can you explain the list the OP provided if your not using premium search?

5 minutes ago, Xergoyf said:

How can you explain the list the OP provided if your not using premium search?

I am using the premium search to find potential trades - not just unboxers. I found unusuals through the help of premium which did not belong to unboxers. Premium is designed to find items. Making use of its features is not abusing premium. 

Archived