Unknown person/thing in my friends list?

Communist Moose

Steam level 0, no games installed, no recent name changes, private inventory, steam doesn't even tell me when the user was last on.

I know some people will simply tell me I accidentally accepted the friend request, but there is a problem with that.

I check the profiles of all users that add me so I know they're not a scammer or some alt.

If they do not comment on why they added me and they do not have anything for sale, then I decline. Same thing for anyone without TF2 installed or a steam level below 3.

After I accept a friend request I always type to them even if offline, no matter what.

I checked chat history, and we never talked.

I am very uptight with who gets in my friends list and who stays.

I usually remove traders from my friends list after the trade unless I have a feeling we might trade again. I usually go around double checking if I removed them all, and I did not see this user last time I cleaned it.

The user also has my brother on the friends list. My brother does not use steam at all anymore unless I ask him to play a game or two.

He doesn't accept friend requests anyway, I have seen his notifications, he just lets them sit there and collect dust. I also checked his friends list a few weeks ago and this user was not in it.

I am so confused.

The username is Russian or something too, which means it must be serious.

Am I gonna die? More importantly, are my virtual items safe??

Anyone else experience this before? Maybe my account needs a new password or something.

Archived