I Fucked Up Badly

Shadow_Toad

I saw this guy named dumpster and he wanted to buy my hat for 11 keys and he needed me to verify if my hat was clean so he needed me to trade with an "Admin" to verify  and so not knowing anything cuz I am new I accepted  but he hacked my brothers account and took my Item. Plz help

This isn't sharking...you just got scammed. This is probably the second most common scam method right now (after the "fake OPSkins bot"). There's nothing any of us can do to help you. If you've got evidence of the scam (most importantly screenshots of your chat conversations) you can try reporting them to SteamRep, but this won't help you get your items back and they're likely already banned anyway. Next time check the SteamRep status of your trading partner before trading high-value items, and read up on some common scam methods. 99% of scams can be avoided simply by backing out when the scammer suggests something sketchy.

https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/about-item-checking-scam/

https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/commonscams/

Ahh reminds me of the time I lost 35 keys to a similar scam method, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. Just report that dude on steamrep.

I would guess they didnt hack your brothers account. They just changed their name to your brothers name, and their avatar to your brothers avatar (impersonation), this is called "Trusted Friend Scam".

As others said, all you can do is screenshot the chat logs and report, chances are the account who scammed you is already banned tho. 

well you should watch videos about scams made on csgo and tf2.if you do dota 2 then you need to watch some dota 2 scams as there's a different type of scam on dota 2.next learn the meaning of scamming and sharking.these 2 things are different meaning.on steamrep,sharking isnt bannable anymore after a couple of years ago.however bp.tf bans people if they intentionally shark.scamming is bannable on any websites.always use steamrep.

• Shadow_Toad locked and unlocked this topic

Archived