Need help Buying another new gaming pc.

Wokath

Hello again.  I need another pc to be build or pre build for me.

Mostly looking to play tf2 and overwatch with 120-100 fps on normal settings.  Maybe less for tf2 since that game is not that optimized.

I need monitor, mouse, and keyboard as well.

Don't have a budget atm but the cheaper the better.

Thanks

TF2 can run at 100 fps on a potato. This should be able to max out TF2 at about 400fps (like I said, potato), and Overwatch around 100fps (more if you turn a couple settings down). Now, getting over 60fps doesn't really mean a whole lot unless you also get a >60hz monitor, which drives the cost up about $70+. Your on your own for mouse and keyboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($65.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($53.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card  ($144.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: AOC - G2460FQ 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $710.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-08 21:43 EDT-0400

Just now, Wokath said:

No 120hz?  What happened to them.  I cant find any on amazon or google for some reason.

120hz has basically been phased out by 144hz monitors as of about three years ago. 

4 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

120hz has basically been phased out by 144hz monitors as of about three years ago. 

Guess im late to the party.

edit.  Thanks for the build.  Im probually going to use it.

edit.2. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824160313/reviews

2 bad recent rating.  Hope i can return it if there are problems.

12 minutes ago, Wokath said:

Guess im late to the party.

edit.  Thanks for the build.  Im probually going to use it.

edit.2. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824160313/reviews

2 bad recent rating.  Hope i can return it if there are problems.

It's probably just people being idiots, but get this one instead: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

24 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Snip

Off topic: Your awesome and cool.  Can I add you on steam?  I won't spam messages or other random stuff.

On topic:  how about a build for a 60-100 hz monitor?  Ive seen monators with more then 60 and less then 100 before.

52 minutes ago, Wokath said:

Off topic: Your awesome and cool.  Can I add you on steam?  I won't spam messages or other random stuff.

On topic:  how about a build for a 60-100 hz monitor?  Ive seen monators with more then 60 and less then 100 before.

Sure

You're basically looking at a 75hz freesync monitor (where freesync won't work with an Nvidia gpu, so you'd be getting just a 75hz monitor), and it's not that much cheaper than a 144hz monitor, but a lot more than a 60hz monitor. So I would either go down the 144hz route or the 60hz route.  

13 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Yeah.

Nvm this case is out of stock on amazon and would take too long to come in.  Getting the one you first suggested instead

On 9/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Can this build take advantage of freesync on a AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5 in AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor?

thats the monitor Im planning on using.

12 hours ago, Wokath said:

Can this build take advantage of freesync on a AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5 in AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor?

thats the monitor Im planning on using.

You would need an AMD GPU to take advantage of the variable refresh rate aspect, but there is no advantage to Freesync if you're at or above the framerate of the monitor. Also, 21.5" is small. 

1 hour ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

You would need an AMD GPU to take advantage of the variable refresh rate aspect, but there is no advantage to Freesync if you're at or above the framerate of the monitor. Also, 21.5" is small. 

Ive already brought the monitor.  Have not gotten the graphics card yet, do I need to change?

13 hours ago, Wokath said:

Ive already brought the monitor.  Have not gotten the graphics card yet, do I need to change?

The monitor will work at 75hz regardless of if the GPU is AMD or Nvidia. The only difference is whether or not Freesync will work. If you're running about 75fps, then freesync will get disabled anyway. So in TF2/Overwatch, Freesync won't be enabled on either AMD or Nvidia, and so Freesync only matters if you care about other more demanding games -- but a 1050Ti is decently faster than a 560 and a 570 is nearly double the price of a 1050Ti. 

So no, you don't need to change. 

Archived