Y'know, I'd like it if promoted listings wasn't filled with unusuals...

Fatty

Sometimes there's a strange or item that you never noticed but really wanted when you saw it, I see things I like in promoted listings once every red moon, its just unusuals and unusuals. 

I don't see anything wrong with that. Just people using their premiums to promote their unusuals. They paid for the title so they're using it (premium members got 3 promo listings, so they mostly use them for unusuals - that's why there's so many of them).

Also I think that you're asking for a Promoted Listings filter or something like this, yes? 

Most of the premium users who trade are into unusuals , even if one traded stranges and unique hats it's pointless to promote them since

1) You have 3 limited slots and you want to make the most out of it , would you like to show case you 50 key unusual or 3 refined hat ? (Ofc Exception here would be spelled items and low craft items )

2) I've traded unique items via my bot ( Trump Bot ) and the number one reason people choose to send an offer for its normal items is simply because it was the trade listing was fresh or recently bumped , which means if people see your listing at the top of the classifield search( which would require it to be recently bumped and the cheapest for sale / highest buy price) , you get an offer its as simple as that , promoting normally traded unique and strange items isnt worth promoting from any viewpoint.

The only way you could get people to promote normal items is if backpack.tf forced such limits.

tbh I preferred the old system over this one. I felt like with the old one there was more of a sense of a live market, this one makes it seem stale.

2 hours ago, Piterek said:

I don't see anything wrong with that. Just people using their premiums to promote their unusuals. They paid for the title so they're using it (premium members got 3 promo listings, so they mostly use them for unusuals - that's why there's so many of them).

Also I think that you're asking for a Promoted Listings filter or something like this, yes? 

Yes, yes I want a filter. 

• Administrators
On 9/5/2017 at 4:03 PM, Axle Change said:

tbh I preferred the old system over this one. I felt like with the old one there was more of a sense of a live market, this one makes it seem stale.

I liked the old system but I would just like it if it didn't show buy orders. Then maybe later on promoted listings could have their own section? o.o

On 9/5/2017 at 3:14 PM, Piterek said:

23 hours ago, Fatty said:

Yes, yes I want a filter. 

I mean, this exists?

https://backpack.tf/classifieds

ikUucCtZTV2iD2MMQ570SQ.png

Archived