Taking SFM requests, pay what you want

RNG_Wizard

Hey you, yeah you, I'm making SFM posters. Have a loadout you're considering putting together that you want to see outside of loadout.tf? Maybe you want a nice desktop, or something to use as a spray in game? Well, I've got you covered. Just fill out a form, wait a little bit, and boom, fancy posters of questionable quality at your digital doorstep, crafted with love just for you. If love was a procrastinating college student's time. 

If you'd like me to create a poster for you, please use this form. It's nice, tidy, and helpful for me. 

Class(es) and Team(s):

Map and Location:

Weapons:

Cosmetics:

Unusual effects:

Killstreak effects:

Poses:

Additional props:

Is there a specific theme or feel you want your poster to have?:

Other notes:

Here's some of my most recent work! 

4E8B02F769A9AE2D577CB50197C38A817D01F728

0D40AE6C29B2D59416ED8CDE51F32E49579CA9EC

7E25D33DF83DC9FC9D515DFB6B17F9D25187F70B

23E9943BEB6F5186E990714A0B8C4073D88E4247

055605A588C5DDF928B8AD55901733E8DFCBECFE

94556127D22E18AC29B863431F764D7AC8B1B536

4E0A2606ABE20E2BBB69C0BA1AE40ED45D228F90

DCFC769CFD4419C625D15A12E39FEDCE01910803

Trade link

Q/A

Price?

Whatever you feel like giving. If you don't want to pay, that's fine. If you got your poster and you love it, please consider tossing some cash my way, it's always greatly appreciated.

I got my poster, but there's something I don't like about it. Can you change it?

Of course! Just let me know what you want changed, and I'll get right on it.

Can we use your posters for wallpapers, in videos, on steam, as sprays, etc?

Yes, of course, just please give me credit!

On 8/30/2017 at 8:17 PM, Crazyy Cow said:

price?

Free, but I'm considering adding some incentive to pay, since I could really use it.

edit: Posters now cost 2 keys. If you can't afford that, let me know, I'll take a quick peak at your backpack, and I'll make you a poster for free when there's room in the queue. Let me know if you think this price for my posters is unreasonable, I'd like to think they're worth it, but above all, it's about what you all think.

Noice, alright I got one for ya

pyro

red

doesnt matter what location just pick one for me

all gold painted - apparition's aspect, sub zero suit, and unusual rotation sensation with vivid plasma 

pool party taunt :D

ty

Hello,

Class(es): Heavy (Red) Soldier (Blu) Demoman (Blu) Scout (Blu)

Team(s): Red and BLU

Cosmetics: Football Helmet (Searing Plasma Unusual Effect, Stock Red Paint) Weight Room Warmer (Painted Australium Gold) and The Jungle Booty

Unusual effects: Searing Plasma

Killstreak effects: None

Poses; Heavy is crouching behind a wall at cp_dustbowl, holding his Minigun (any wall, as long as its not Red or Blu spawn) with a Blu Soldier, Demoman and Scout walking forward (All 3 with any cosmetics and weapons you want)

Additional props: Carbonado Botkiller Minigun mk.1

Other notes: If you want to, try to make the Blu Soldier, Demoman and Scout slightly blurred out, so its focused on the Heavy

Thanks. I look forward to seeing the final product.

Lemon, yours is still in the works, but it's going to take a bit of time because I've hit roadblocks that are seriously annoying. Both the football helmet and weight room warmer are unpaintable in sfm (they don't take paint colors, and the areas that are normally paintable are instead just pitch black) I've managed to fix the football helmet, but the weight room warmer is giving me some serious issues, because whenever I try to edit the textures the entire thing gets a massive glitch overlapping texture bug. That, and it has massive clipping on the forearms and elbow. Expect delays, sorry.

18 minutes ago, RNG_Wizard said:

Lemon, yours is still in the works, but it's going to take a bit of time because I've hit roadblocks that are seriously annoying. Both the football helmet and weight room warmer are unpaintable in sfm (they don't take paint colors, and the areas that are normally paintable are instead just pitch black) I've managed to fix the football helmet, but the weight room warmer is giving me some serious issues, because whenever I try to edit the textures the entire thing gets a massive glitch overlapping texture bug. That, and it has massive clipping on the forearms and elbow. Expect delays, sorry.

Thats ok, take your time. No worries.

12 hours ago, RNG_Wizard said:

Would this forum article from a few years ago assist the problem, and possibly fix it? http://steamcommunity.com/app/1840/discussions/0/540744935046587329/

Class(es): Pyro and Spy

Team(s): Both red

Cosmetics:

Pyro: Cute suit, Dead of night(dark, no grenades), Handyman's handle

Spy: Detective Noir(An Air of Debonair), The Made Man, The Ladykiller 

Unusual effects: Disco beatdown (Handyman's handle), Circling TF (Detective Noir) 

Poses; Running into battle

Additional props: Pyro with the degreaser and Spy with the Ambassador 

Thanks dude :)

4 hours ago, Lemon|0_o said:

Would this forum article from a few years ago assist the problem, and possibly fix it? http://steamcommunity.com/app/1840/discussions/0/540744935046587329/

I've actually looked at this one, along with several others. My main issue right now is that when I try to do this exact thing, the textures go crazy. They become paintable, but, well, here, take a look;

http://imgur.com/a/N9PEG (minor poster spoiler btw, just shows what I have at the moment)

I've been able to fix most of what I come across so far, but I've never seen this before. Workshop posts, opting out of certain text in the files, copying the files from tf2 into sfm, manually fixing it, none of it is working so far. I've got a couple more ideas to try and fix it though, but so far, everything I've done hasn't worked the way I've wanted it to.

Okay, I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I took a break from your poster Lemon to work on Jaffas', came across a roadblock with the Lady Killer, fixed that, and in the process of fixing the Lady Killer, fixed the Weight Room Warmer as well. Lessons learned; always be ready to take a break from one project to work on another. Both of your posters will be getting worked on, but they might take several days depending on how this long weekend goes for me. Either way, all obstacles have been cleared, and now I've got both your posters in the works with nothing left in my way save for the holiday!

Alright Lemon, yours is all set. Toxicjaffas, I'm spending this long weekend with family so I won't be at my workstation, so your poster won't be worked on until ~Tuesday, sorry for the wait.

Your poster Lemon;

(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125790102)

If you want anything changed, let me know, but keep in mind that I won't be able to work on it for several days.

4 minutes ago, RNG_Wizard said:

Alright Lemon, yours is all set. Toxicjaffas, I'm spending this long weekend with family so I won't be at my workstation, so your poster won't be worked on until ~Tuesday, sorry for the wait.

Your poster Lemon;

If you want anything changed, let me know, but keep in mind that I won't be able to work on it for several days.

Hey, I wanted to ask you how did you fix the weight room warmer and the football helmet, I would really appreciate it

To fix the football helmet, I used;

https://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=253849032

(command f football, it'll show up and tell you how to install it)

For the weight room warmer, I used all of these;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234952643

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=957280554

And then I also spent a bit over an hour going through and drawing over the clipping bits, because the Weight Room Warmer has massive clipping issues, but this can be avoided depending on the pose you use. I figured I'd rather get a pose I liked and spend a bit extra time than cut corners and get a pose I wasn't so fond of.

The first link is just a resource dump for a bunch of item fixes. They require manual installation though.

The second link tells you how to move tf2 files into sfm. This is VERY helpful, because sfm isn't updated often.

The third link lets your workshop files overrite previous files (this is a must for using workshop mods)

And the last one is just a patch that makes the Weight Room Warmer paintable.

Oh, and a question Dat Nub, have you been making posters for a while? I think I requested a scout poster from you years ago, bill's hat, digit divulger, flapjack, and I paid you with a blood botkiller scattergun. If you're the guy I think you are, you're the one that got me started in sfm.

Class(es): Soldier & Medic
Team(s): Red
Cosmetics:
Medic - Dark Falkirk Helm, Blighted Beak, & Medical Monarch (Quickfix)
Soldier - Dark Falkirk Helm, Cuban Bristle Crisis, & Hornblower (Beggar's Bazooka)
Unusual effects: Frostbite on both
Killstreak effects: Soldier - 
Killstreaker: Cerebral Discharge
Sheen: Hot Rod
None for medic
Poses; Soldier jumping w/ medic healing in air 

3 hours ago, RNG_Wizard said:

Okay, I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I took a break from your poster Lemon to work on Jaffas', came across a roadblock with the Lady Killer, fixed that, and in the process of fixing the Lady Killer, fixed the Weight Room Warmer as well. Lessons learned; always be ready to take a break from one project to work on another. Both of your posters will be getting worked on, but they might take several days depending on how this long weekend goes for me. Either way, all obstacles have been cleared, and now I've got both your posters in the works with nothing left in my way save for the holiday!

I completely understand, I don't mind the wait :D

Class(es): Scout

Team(s): Blu

Location: A dark map of your choice (so likely one of the Halloween maps)

Cosmetics: Runner's Warm-Up + Bonk Boy + A Deep Commitment to Purple Frenchman's Formals  (If the Formals have issues on the paint, then a non-painted Big Mann on Campus would work as well)

Unusual effects: Knifestorm + Frostbite with the Frostbite below the Knifestorm (although not too sure how it'll come out, so might discuss things with you when it happens)

Killstreak effects:

Poses: Whatever you think will look cool.

Additional props:

Other notes: My main thought was it being fairly contrasting in the lights and darks.

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough, if you want to add me whenever you get to mine that'd work too and I might be able to get more specific.

12 hours ago, RNG_Wizard said:

To fix the football helmet, I used;

https://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=253849032

(command f football, it'll show up and tell you how to install it)

For the weight room warmer, I used all of these;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234952643

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=957280554

And then I also spent a bit over an hour going through and drawing over the clipping bits, because the Weight Room Warmer has massive clipping issues, but this can be avoided depending on the pose you use. I figured I'd rather get a pose I liked and spend a bit extra time than cut corners and get a pose I wasn't so fond of.

The first link is just a resource dump for a bunch of item fixes. They require manual installation though.

The second link tells you how to move tf2 files into sfm. This is VERY helpful, because sfm isn't updated often.

The third link lets your workshop files overrite previous files (this is a must for using workshop mods)

And the last one is just a patch that makes the Weight Room Warmer paintable.

Oh, and a question Dat Nub, have you been making posters for a while? I think I requested a scout poster from you years ago, bill's hat, digit divulger, flapjack, and I paid you with a blood botkiller scattergun. If you're the guy I think you are, you're the one that got me started in sfm.

Thank you a lot, it's gonna help me a lot, I totally forgot that I had to move the file priorities to get the fix to work.

For the scout poster, it may be me, I'm gonna look into my poster gallery to check, but this reminds me of something

hello,i know i came late but i want this following poster

Classes: soldier

Team: blu

Hats:ground control(lime)

dead of night(lime)

the all father (lime)

Unusual Effects (if any):none

other effects:agonizing emerald tornado coming from his eyes

and the agonizing emerald effect shining on the festive brain candy rocket launcher(factory new)

Pose: the soldier drinking his coffee (in the fresh brewed victory taunt) on a huge pile of dead enemies (just like in meet the medic one) while some medics are praising him, and with a small grin on the soldier's face.while he is leaning on hisfestive brain candy rocket launcher(factory new) that has the agonizing emerald sheen showing on it and the tornado/agonizing emerald skillstreaker showing on his face .with two backwoods boomstick shotguns(factory new) and a half zatoichi hanging on his back.

Additional Information please add explosions/bullets,and a dark/serious war themed background. 

Purpose :its personal for my steam profile

Alright, I'm pricing my posters at 2 keys each, partially because of the response I've gotten from community members and friends, and partially because I have no source of income and I'm a college student without a food plan. I'll still make posters for free for anyone that has a pretty light backpack (less than 10 keys) but I ask that you pay if you can, I put some serious work into these. For those of you guys with backpacks worth hundreds of keys each that request crazy posters, please consider tossing a bit my way if you love you poster and use it everywhere, seriously, I put a lot of time into these and I could also use it. If you guys don't like this price, let me know, all of you collectively are basically my boss after all. Oh, and David, your poster is coming along fairly well, it'll be done either later tonight or tomorrow evening. 

Any poster requested before this point are still 100% free unless you feel like donating, which will make me love you forever.

TheWiz, I've finished what I'm considering one take on your scout.

D23F15F2734EA7C1636616A4AC626831926CD9EC

(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128684869)

There were a lot of things I could have done differently, so now that you've seen what I ended up with, are there any specific things you'd like changed? I had planned on adding you to discuss and figure out what you did and didn't like so far, but your friends list is full, so I'm just posting this here for now. Let me know what you do and don't like, and I'll touch it up.

Lenny, you're up.

Archived