Another fucking loss for my ass

ToobishNypo

This man decided to spy crab me on Harpoon. Lost, sent me an offer then canceled twice. The he blocked me and I can't do shit except report him

IMG_5768.PNG

IMG_5769.PNG

Also, I got evidence on the 9 key scam. But bp.tf fourms doesn'y allowed me because it takes too much space so sorry bout dat.

They canceled during a trade hold? <_<

More importantly, you spycrabbed a guy with a trade hold???

Also, make sure to report them on Harpoon; they have SteamRep partner status and might be able to tag the guy, as well as banning him from their servers.

Also also, please don't double post, there's an edit button for a reason.

1 hour ago, MeFigaYoma said:

They canceled during a trade hold? <_<

More importantly, you spycrabbed a guy with a trade hold???

Also, make sure to report them on Harpoon; they have SteamRep partner status and might be able to tag the guy, as well as banning him from their servers.

Also also, please don't double post, there's an edit button for a reason.

The guy cancelled the trade offer, not trade hold. Also 99.9% sure SteamRep doesn't ban for running from a bet anymore, although not sure how it'd be treated as a mark by a SteamRep partner shows up on SteamRep.

9 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

The guy cancelled the trade offer, not trade hold. Also 99.9% sure SteamRep doesn't ban for running from a bet anymore, although not sure how it'd be treated as a mark by a SteamRep partner shows up on SteamRep.

IMG_5769.PNG.f3ad785cba9cac83063a96613216730a.thumb.PNG.afb212c055f24434bb2995bfecee33a2.PNG

You're right, SteamRep by policy doesn't investigate spycrab runner reports anymore, but I'm not sure how it would work with a partner community. I've seen some old Harpoon tags for running from crabs. Maybe they could still give a Caution tag?

In either case, I'd report them on Harpoon for sure and optionally here as well, in case Harpoon doesn't tag them. Make sure you've got all the right evidence though.

Ahh, I'm blind. But yeah, caution might be a possibility. Whether or not it transfers to SteamRep due to the cause of the report would still make things more difficult for him.

you can get banned on steamrep for not paying a spycrab but you need to do the report under HG.then once evidence is provided,it will be accepted and it will be put on their steamrep record leading a ban both steamrep and bp.tf.this was a bit of your fault as you did quite a big crab for someone who had trade hold.i cant blame you only.i did this once but i didnt check if the crabber had hold.once i crabbed,he lost and he had to pay me a key.he canceled the offer.in future,be wary when doing crabs.always do it on HG as they can get banned.and when its a big crab,ALWAYS have a middleman.usually big crabs is like alot of refs or 1 key and more.middleman is usually the server admin or a person who has alot of bp.tf trust reps

3 hours ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

I thought gambling was illegal 

and you didn't lose anything you just won 

gambling site is illegal.spycrabbing seems legal and i aint kidding.i spycrabbed a random dude.he lost and didnt pay up.i reported to steam and he got a temp trade ban apparently

Report him on the HG forums if you have good enough evidence. Never spycrab someone with a trade hold again.

I'm a staff member at harpoon gaming. I'd advise you to sumbit a report on our site as soon as you can. We won't be able to get your winnings but we can stop this person from scamming others.

Here is the link to our Scam report form

https://forum.harpoongaming.com/forms/fraud-report-form.16/respond

Or you can navigate to harpoon.tf, find the fraud ban administration centre, click on fraud reports and at the top right you can click the button labelled "Create a new report"

It would be helpful if you could give as much information as possible including things such as:

Time and date of when the crab happened

which one of our servers it happened on (most likel;y all trade 2 or all trade 3)

The wager that the spycrab was for

Terms of the spycrab (e.g. 3 crabs wins)

Aswell as the steamrep block of both you and the person who ran. You should be able to get the link of the runner by clicking his profile in your incoming trade history and copying the link from there.

Also Remember to take screenshots of your inventory history (Not trade history) to show that the items never got to your account, aswell as the two screenshots you posted in this thread.

12 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

gambling site is illegal.spycrabbing seems legal and i aint kidding.i spycrabbed a random dude.he lost and didnt pay up.i reported to steam and he got a temp trade ban apparently

so you are telling me that they can get a temp trade ban for doing in game gambling

im done 

3 hours ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

so you are telling me that they can get a temp trade ban for doing in game gambling

im done 

atleast thats what i saw.it was for spycrabbing

On 8/28/2017 at 11:09 PM, TheWiz said:

Harpoon Gaming can, and I believe sometimes does, issue tags in our database for running from spycrab bets. That's part of what it means to be a partner community, they have a couple of designated admins who can access our database directly for that purpose. SteamRep doesn't investigate (or directly tag for) spycrab scams because we don't host any game servers, and we don't have the resources to properly investigate them. That responsibility would fall under the community it took place on, who would have server logs or other relevant evidence as needed.

You can report to Harpoon Gaming, and if you have enough evidence (which often isn't the case in spycrab scams) then the person who cancelled this trade offer may be marked in our database.

On 8/29/2017 at 1:27 AM, Lila Mond said:

And this is why you use a middleman. I've lost like 400 keys worth from this :P

Why on earth would you risk 400 keys like that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2017 at 7:41 AM, Lava said:

Harpoon Gaming can, and I believe sometimes does, issue tags in our database for running from spycrab bets.

Harpoon does apply tags to users who run from spycrab, given that the user can provide what's needed.

Our all trade servers do have a spycrab plugin that tracks spycrab so it can be proved that it happened, all that's typically needed is the ID of the user and any relevant trade history.

...who would have server logs or other relevant evidence as needed.

Read above, also trade history usually required is entire trade history on the day the crab happened, and if any more is needed it will be requested.

You can report to Harpoon Gaming, and if you have enough evidence (which often isn't the case in spycrab scams) then the person who cancelled this trade offer may be marked in our database.

I'm not sure about how steamrep links to bptf exactly, but once it's processed provided everything needed has been collected a tag will be applied to the user.

Toobish if you haven't already, and I don't believe you have yet, please submit a fraud report to our site, the form for which I linked above.

I'm sure that everything is accurate that I've said but in the event I find out I've accidentally said is incorrect I'll be sure to correct it asap.

Archived