Looking for a good laptop, £600 budget

Not Applicable

Looking for the best laptop I can get for my money.

£600 budget, can stretch a bit if necessary. Any recommendations?

52 minutes ago, killerpanda993 said:

A gaming laptop or just a laptop to do everyday things on?

Gaming mostly, but I'm aware that a good amount of 'gaming' laptops are fairly overpriced so a laptop with gaming specs but the price of an everyday laptop would be ideal 

I'm not exactly an expert on building pc's but I'm sure you could find a 600$ gaming build with good specs.

If you'll be using it mostly for gaming, it would probably be better to get a cheap laptop for general use, and spend the rest on a decent desktop. 

There are some decent laptops that are less than $200 (~£150), you could go for one of them. And you could use the rest to build a desktop like the one I have below.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XLr7xY

If you are set on getting a laptop for gaming, you'll need one with a GPU in it. And one with GPU worth anything will usually run you $800 (~£650) or more.

The one I have now (Dell inspiron 5559) cost me around $600, and although it runs well enough for most things, it struggles to run most games that came out after 2015.

Im guessing you wouldn't build a pc either. You could build a nice pc with a 1060. Then again, graphics cards' prices have changed since then with bitcoin mining.

3 minutes ago, Weedoof said:

If you'll be using it mostly for gaming, it would probably be better to get a cheap laptop for general use, and spend the rest on a decent desktop. 

There are some decent laptops that are less than $200 (~£150), you could go for one of them. And you could use the rest to build a desktop like the one I have below.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XLr7xY

If you are set on getting a laptop for gaming, you'll need one with a GPU in it. And one with GPU worth anything will usually run you $800 (~£650) or more.

The one I have now (Dell inspiron 5559) cost me around $600, and although it runs well enough for most things, it struggles to run most games that came out after 2015.

Thanks, definitely looking to stay away from PCs as I need a decent laptop to run programmes for my tech course. The provided pcs are stuck in school and predate writing so I need something I can take to and from school. I'll check out that dell though and see if I can a bit of an upgrade with the leftover cash.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, GingerNinja- said:

Looking for a cheap laptop for general use (homework + youtube + forum stuff)

Budget is about £150-200

Any suggestions?

Make your own thread instead of replying to a 4 month old one.

Archived