Update me on things.

NotCharoO

Hey all, so i hopped back into trading like 1-2 months ago, so this is kind of delayed. Just want to be updated on a few things.

Although i didn't 'trade' much before, i did hang around backpack.tf, few things i have noticed.

-Suggestions

Several years ago most suggestions would need to have an abundance of proof from outpost/bp.tf/bazaar (general items) with the exception of several rares, nowadays suggestions are only require single sales and ss of classifieds? which doesn't seem to hard to make.

-Unusual Values/gifted/duped

A lot of unusuals seem to be so cheap, my understanding is more get unboxed and people keep undercutting. However, are gifted unusuals still considered less desirable? I would assume duped at high tiers matters the most

-Keys

Expected

-Bots

Run the market? There seems so many, buying for 1.11 selling for 1.22... etc when did the invasion of omnics happen?

-Spelled items

Seem so popular and valuable.. explanation?

-Outpost

Seems a lot less popular

-Scrap.tf

When was the decision made to no longer sell straight at 1.33 buy at 1.11? etc..

Also, how is the community in general? Do people still buy unusuals because they want them? For me, right now, while i'm not working i'm trading to save up a little extra money for a VERY significant occasion in my life.

Talk to me :)

Suggs: Idk, haven't they always kinda been this way?

Gifted tags can now be removed, so that changes nothing. Just click on the item in a bp, and click Restore. Dupes still lessen value on higher tiers, kinda on lower tiers but not really much tbh.

Spelled items: Nah, just a small number of people overhyping them and making them seem more popular so they can sell for more. Not actually very popular imo.

Outpost is ridden with garbage ads and is super laggy, blach, everyone just uses classifieds. I still put stuff there because it can't hurt, but like, not even sure if it's worth the energy anymore

Scrap.tf: Idk, I don't pay attention to low tier items. Bots run most low tier items nowadays

People still buy unusuals because they want them, but probably less than they did ~5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Suggs: Idk, haven't they always kinda been this way?

Gifted tags can now be removed, so that changes nothing. Just click on the item in a bp, and click Restore. Dupes still lessen value on higher tiers, kinda on lower tiers but not really much tbh.

Spelled items: Nah, just a small number of people overhyping them and making them seem more popular so they can sell for more. Not actually very popular imo.

Outpost is ridden with garbage ads and is super laggy, blach, everyone just uses classifieds. I still put stuff there because it can't hurt, but like, not even sure if it's worth the energy anymore

Scrap.tf: Idk, I don't pay attention to low tier items. Bots run most low tier items nowadays

People still buy unusuals because they want them, but probably less than they did ~5 years ago.

iirc several years ago suggestions needed a lot more in a suggestions than what some have now.

i keep hearing about a big pyro update... are the halloween events still rocking..

I'll answer the ones I can

Unusuals: 

Since the introduction of the halloween update and the notion that the old effects are "retired" these effects have shot up in price. Especially on miscs. (rumor has it that miscs are retired) 

Duped doesn't really matter under 50 keys in my personal opinion as I see no difference when I try to sell them

Third Gens like disco beat down, cloud 9 and miami nights tend to sell very well because the "Third Gen Garbo" Stigma is gone although it exists among some traders.

High tier market has died down a bit and still has an audience.

High tier unusual market is dying down due to the multi class crate.

If you aren't familiar the multi class crate is a crate you can buy that guarantees an all class hat (that can be unusual) from that crate.

1st,2nd,3rd gen hats can be unboxed from these crates.

This basically caused a bunch of burning scorching, sunbeams all class god tiers to be unboxed and with less people playing the game they don't have much desirability because they lost the "god tier" feel that they once had. 

Then almost always people use the premium feature to take advantage of the unboxers and usually give unboxers a bad deal

-->> Suggestion made to drop

-->> Person who gives bad deal gets heated

-->> Nobody wants the hat anymore

Its sort of a cycle like this for high tier unusual market in my eyes

Spelled Items:

Just really takes time to find buyers and is similar to low craft trading. It's not really a huge market people shoot for like mentioned above.

Halloween spells don't drop anymore so people are just hyping them. End of story.

Outpost is really slow if you don't have premium. 

Searching through outpost is a pain also because ad block makes your browser you are using a potato.

Scrap.tf:

They bought backpack.tf

Marketplace.tf is a way you can buy and sell items for cash similar to opskins

Bots:

Items that are promos and in general items under a key that are dealt in with refined are dominated by bots.

Not really much way to beat them out right now.

There are still people who play the game for fun but in all honesty people have been waiting for the "pyro Update" for ages now and its caused quite alot of people

to stop playing tf2 in general. Probably a smaller percentage of people who buy and sell unusuals now

13 minutes ago, NotCharoO said:

iirc several years ago suggestions needed a lot more in a suggestions than what some have now.

i keep hearing about a big pyro update... are the halloween events still rocking..

Pyro update hasn't come in ages. Its a big let down like I mentioned above.

Halloween last year was bad. It crashed the unusual taunt market due to things called unusualifiers.

They doubled the unbox rate so mostly every unusual that was trying to be sold was saturated to crap and people undercut each other all day

• Like 3

When it comes to suggestions you can list outpost sellers too, but mostly the market there is the same or backpack.tf has more than enough proof already so is not needed