Item overpay

DrSquishy

A person who accepts overpay typically wants pure first. And if they get an item, they need some sort of compensation for having to sell something they didnt intend on gettinf at the start 

It's trading, people are here for profit. Without overpay it wouldn't make any sense, because there wouldn't be much place for profiting. It's helpful for people that are sellling items which can be easily sold for pure, but they want item overpay, because the new item could be harder to sell for the same price. But it's here mostly for profit tho.

Also the item overpay thing is mostly applied to high-tier trading and unusuals.

36 minutes ago, Piterek said:

It's trading, people are here for profit. Without overpay it wouldn't make any sense, because there wouldn't be much place for profiting. It's helpful for people that are sellling items which can be easily sold for pure, but they want item overpay, because the new item could be harder to sell for the same price. But it's here mostly for profit tho.

Also the item overpay thing is mostly applied to high-tier trading and unusuals.

I find it's used in anything nowdays. Even craft hats and 130 key unusuals are sold for pure or 50% item overpay, and it's just painful to get anything done without a stockpile of pure

5 minutes ago, DrSquishy said:

Even craft hats and 130 key unusuals are sold for pure or 50% item overpay, and it's just painful to get anything done without a stockpile of pure

lol when did you last see 50% overpay?

13 minutes ago, DrSquishy said:

I find it's used in anything nowdays. Even craft hats and 130 key unusuals are sold for pure or 50% item overpay, and it's just painful to get anything done without a stockpile of pure

Because everyone likes pure and selling hats is troublesome sometimes, so people don't want to waste their time with trading for another hat.

Also look at this from the buyers side - You can buy everything for pure and only offer with stuff. That's why item overpay is seen so often, because pure>stuff and all that is circling around the profit that the seller wants to make. No more logic in that. 

Also 50% overpay? Where the heck? If on australiums and that stuff then I can agree. If on craft hats then welp - good luck with that. If on unusuals - clean profit or a god/high tier unusual that has a very high demand so it can be easily sold for everything else.

25 minutes ago, Piterek said:

Because everyone likes pure and selling hats is troublesome sometimes, so people don't want to waste their time with trading for another hat.

Also look at this from the buyers side - You can buy everything for pure and only offer with stuff. That's why item overpay is seen so often, because pure>stuff and all that is circling around the profit that the seller wants to make. No more logic in that. 

Also 50% overpay? Where the heck? If on australiums and that stuff then I can agree. If on craft hats then welp - good luck with that. If on unusuals - clean profit or a god/high tier unusual that has a very high demand so it can be easily sold for everything else.

but the economy has just made pure the center of EVERYTHING, so much so it's basically impossible to go into a server and find no one asking for pure only or item overpay, even on 150+ key hats, and sometimes even 80 key unusuals are sold for 30 keys pure(I actually saw this on a trade server)

16 minutes ago, DrSquishy said:

but the economy has just made pure the center of EVERYTHING

Pure is a type of currency, of course it has to be the center of everything!

17 minutes ago, DrSquishy said:

basically impossible to go into a server and find no one asking for pure only or item overpay

I wounder what servers you go to, cause whenever i go to a server id get any form of profit

18 minutes ago, DrSquishy said:

80 key unusuals are sold for 30 keys pure

k den

When you're selling a very nice 100 key misc you're not going to want to take 100 keys in the worst Unusuals imaginable. If you've been trading long enough you'd know backpack.tf is not the definitive price guide for finding the realistic value of an Unusual, either.

Neither would you accept something you don't want just because it's even value. Other than getting a different item, there's no incentive.

Pure makes things simple. There's no "could be" about pure. 100 keys is worth 100 keys. Accepting Unusuals can be risky. When you accept pure you know precisely what you're getting out of the trade.

On 12. 8. 2017 at 0:48 PM, DrSquishy said:

and sometimes even 80 key unusuals are sold for 30 keys pure(I actually saw this on a trade server)

then that was a giant discount quicksell, no hat priced at 80 keys have normal price 30, you can sell it for 50 instantly to someone else on bp.tf