Competition on Buy Orders

Febby

Hello everyone!

I would like to bring to attention the BUY ORDERS competition on this site. There are so many users that are currently in the Australiums/Stranges/Pro Ks Business (Like i am) but even more Bots, and when you list a buy order for an item and you hope that it can be on the top for 5 minutes, here's that suddenly another user is line-cutting you (and for 0.11, and that's pretty ridiculous).

Then i would suggest a new option, just a simple button on buy orders (maybe for premium users only) that does a sort of "Update all buy orders at the currently highest buying price". 

I just thought about it and wrote it here, without thinking well at all possible side effects, so, hoping it doesn't break rules and doesn't affect too much the trading on this site.

As well as if you have multiple of the same item, you can't list them with a difference of 0.11, why also buy orders can't be affected by this rule?

Hope that my suggestions can help in some way, a good feedback is a lot appreciated, specially if what i wrote may seem bad!

Thanks a lot for reading! =)

Took me a few reads to understand what you meant. In essence what you want is a program to do the research for you and update your buying prices to competitive prices.

At which point everyone would have the same prices, so it'd just be a matter of who bumped when again, until someone undercut again. Your idea doesn't fix the issue at all, if it even is an issue. It's not an issue, it's called "competition." Your correctly identified that but don't seem to understand that it's healthy for a market.

So someone makes a browser script to press the button every few minutes which probably would not even take 5 minutes to program. 

More things to speak against it.

• Administrators

An immediate issue I can see with this is if someone makes a troll listing or an error, a bunch of other peoples' listings would automatically match it. It also more generally has the problem of your listings not actually being inputted by you, and thus not necessarily what you're willing to pay. Bots which automatically undercut each other already have this problem, and we hold people accountable for having listings that they're not willing to uphold, even if they were listed automatically. You'd be risking warnings and classified bans if you had any listings you didn't actually decide on yourself.

Well.... you guys are right! Didn't think about all those possible consequences, and i thank Julia to bring me attention to that listing alerts, sadly i discovered them only now :rolleyes:

Thanks again to everybody who answered! See you around ^_^

• 1 month later...

Archived