Bans on trading with a site-banned person

Svode

Hey,

While on my trading endeavors, I stumbled upon this one guy who wanted my unusual at the buyout of 23 keys pure.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198392570319/ - Steam

While checking his bp.tf profile, I noticed he was banned as being an alt to a scammer.

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198392570319

After adding him, he tells me that the "false trust" he was asking for and what he was banned for were from 2 years ago and didn't count as "scamming"

I would like to know if I would get penalized for trading with this person. He wants to offer a great price for my unusual, and I don't feel like slamming the door on him for it.

Yes you would get banned for trading with this person. Never believe anything a marked scammer (or their alts) tell you. If he is innocent he needs to appeal his mark on steamrep.

if a person is banned for doing any sorts of scams or is an alt of scammer,dont trade or else expect a ban soon.in another case,its fine to trade a person who is banned because of trading with scammers.if you find someone who is banned because of trading with scammers,its fine as they are not scammers.you will find this ban on bp.tf but not for steamrep

• 1 month later...
On 4-8-2017 at 11:27 AM, Diamond jozu said:

if a person is banned for doing any sorts of scams or is an alt of scammer,dont trade or else expect a ban soon.in another case,its fine to trade a person who is banned because of trading with scammers.if you find someone who is banned because of trading with scammers,its fine as they are not scammers.you will find this ban on bp.tf but not for steamrep

Doesn't that encourage scammers to have 1 specific account to send items to and resell items through that? wtf.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Walter said:

Doesn't that encourage scammers to have 1 specific account to send items to and resell items through that? wtf.

Well no, because we would ban that account as a scammer alt or a scammer fence, not for trading with scammers.

Archived