In Trouble

MaliciousMango

Hey guys, 

I started this topic to let people know I was scammed recently by http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198301965116 I didnt do my research and now I've lost $750 dollars worth of items. Unfortunately now I can't attend my college in the fall and I'll have to drop out as the money was mostly to be used for the remainder of my outstanding tuition cost. I'm not sure what I'm going to do my parents won't let me stay with them and I'm having very unhealthy thoughts. I thought I'd just report them because they've done significant damage to my life now and I wouldnt want anyone else to experience this. Also I don't want to break the rules of the forums but if you guys who make up the community can help me out in literally anyway I would greatly appreciate it, as I've watched my future go down the drain this afternoon. 

Thank You

Damn, that's something man...

Really sucks man, I don't have any words for this, this is just sad.

Also, please post this in General Discussion, since this is used for trading.

You shouldn't have been stupid enough to kept your college funds in virtual items.

Let this be a lesson.

but if you guys who make up the community can help me out in literally anyway I would greatly appreciate it, as I've watched my future go down the drain this afternoon. 

No, you don't deserve free hand outs because you're stupid, stop begging and get a job, 750$ is like a couple paychecks at worst.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tomicide said:

You shouldn't have been stupid enough to kept your college funds in virtual items.

Let this be a lesson.

No, you don't deserve free hand outs because you're stupid, stop begging and get a job, 750$ is like a couple paychecks at worst.

You seem like a nice guy

3 hours ago, Shining said:

You seem like a nice guy

I am, when it's deserved. This guy is just an idiot who is begging for free items.

• Like 2

Hey, it's ok, I recently got scammed of my unusual which was 21 keys like a week ago, and I felt bad, but I'm just wondering why your college funds are in virtual items which are a gamble in itself.

Good luck on building back up though, I have nothing to give :(

I believe you added me a while ago to buy one of my items, but you haven't responded for over a week and I was wondering what was up.

Guess this was what was happening, and that really sucks to hear what happened.

I guess, the most important thing out of this was to always be weary of who you make trades with. The person's reputation as a scammer was added almost 8-9 months ago, so really it was your choice to make a trade with him.

Not really wanting to jab at Steamrep or anyone wrongfully marked, but despite a vocal group of people being wrongfully marked, Steamrep and their team's logic on marking those who scam as scammers are still mostly accurate and on point. If someone doesn't give two shits about removing their mark, and is just willing to keep it (without making an alt), then why would they suddenly change their ways when they've already hit rock bottom?

That appeal denial is also an interesting read on why it got denied in the first place.

EDIT: Alongside that, ~750$ isn't even enough for a full year at college. Let alone barely a quarter at many four year colleges. If you were planning on going to community college, then, well, apologies about what happened. If you aren't able to go to college in the fall, take that as an opportunity to get a part-time/full time job to help gather money to fund a college education. Virtual hats can really only get you so far, and a job will provide you with a steady source of income.

Edited by ⌠◊Pand♡ra◊⌡

This is why you don't do cash trades, have you never heard of a thing called Marketplace.tf

but if you were doing this from the start just put barely any money on tf2 and save all the cash in a bank or little glass mug

personally speaking, stuff happens in life and 750 bucks is not an unrecoverable amount which will haunt you forever. If you can't afford tuition this semester maybe take this semester off, get a job and resume school next semester.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pewpewAttack said:

personally speaking, stuff happens in life and 750 bucks is not an unrecoverable amount which will haunt you forever. If you can't afford tuition this semester maybe take this semester off, get a job and resume school next semester.

Yeah I agree with this.

From what I've seen of you on the forums you seem like a nice guy, which really breaks my heart to hear that this happened to you BUT yeah I wouldnt beat yourself up over it.

If you dont have a job already, I reccommend being a pizza delivery guy :D my bro is a pizza guy for me n eds and he makes almost double minimum when hes getting good tips (which is most of the time) so seriously, $750 can be made back in a few weeks if youre working a good job and dont have other responsibilities to pay for

4 hours ago, MaliciousMango said:

I'd like to point out the guy linked in OP is a particularly nasty scammer, among the lowest of low as far as scammers go. Out of the worst things I've seen scammers come up with, this is probably within the top 3 cruelest, and one of the craftier ones. There are some things still under investigation with this particular profile, so I can't elaborate, but I strongly recommend both blocking and removing. I normally wouldn't comment on something like this, but he may come back for more and resort to even dirtier methods than whatever he just did, and I'd rather not see that happen to you. Just because your backpack is empty doesn't mean there aren't other things he can/will do to you for a quick buck.

Block and remove NOW.

12 minutes ago, Lava said:

snip

Damn, if Lava says this is some of the worst he's seen, then you have my full sympathy, OP. Sorry to hear this.

18 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Damn, if Lava says this is some of the worst he's seen, then you have my full sympathy, OP. Sorry to hear this.

To be fair, I don't think that has happened to OP yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this particular scammer get greedy and pull something else. No point in keeping him added, he won't return anything he stole. This one steals for a living.

Moving forward, please check people out on steamrep.com before accepting any friend requests. People like this guy are usually already marked by the time they get to you.