Price drop

RedKitten

Hello.

It´s like 2 days now, when my backpack started dropping in price from 30USD to 27USD now. Yeah I am buying cards to steam, but not for Refined metal worth 3USD! And also my steam invertory dropped from 10USD to 8USD now. What is happening?

Dont laugh me please for that I have poor inv. I know that, I am new to trading, so asking why does this happen. Thanks a lot!

Kqs1cT2.png

You have 406 refined worth of items

406 * 0.01 cent price drop = $4.06

nkN2yIl.png

30USD - 4.06USD = 26USD

your "steam" inventory value (z2Q5ux2.png) is your TF2 backpack value as per SCM prices, it dropped because SCM prices change all the time.

• Like 5

Ah thanks now i understand. Will drop of refined metal stop soon? And if it will not grow back again, will it affect my invertory value or my trading very much?

Refined doesn't really stop dropping, in the near(ish) future, the key price will probably drop a little, which will help the refined price, failing that, the winter sale will likely lower the key price a little.

59 minutes ago, DaftPunk said:

You're on the lucky end, my backpack went down 100$. 

Well...yeah. Your backpack was worth more, so it dropped more because the prices of everything dropped by ~15%. 

Take a look at Shadows, who currently has the highest backpack value out of anyone in tf2. Using the same calculations Prof. Trolldemo provided, his backpack value dropped $12,000. Again, it was around 15% of the $89k it was before.

And even then, it's not that anyone's bp value is actually dropping. It was inflated before, so now it's more accurate than it was.

also yay my second 777th post, thanks jesse for giving me another chance to waste this

33 minutes ago, Weedoof said:

Well...yeah. Your backpack was worth more, so it dropped more because the prices of everything dropped by ~15%. 

Take a look at Shadows, who currently has the highest backpack value out of anyone in tf2. Using the same calculations Prof. Trolldemo provided, his backpack value dropped $12,000. Again, it was around 15% of the $89k it was before.

And even then, it's not that anyone's bp value is actually dropping. It was inflated before, so now it's more accurate than it was.

Hide contents

also yay my second 777th post, thanks jesse for giving me another chance to waste this

Technically DCG has a bigger bp.