Making buy orders on 2016 festives + stats page

Magnus Dux Awesomiae XLII

Hey,

I searched the site a bit and I couldn't find much on this, so sorry in advance if someone mentioned this already.

Anyway, it would be useful if it would be possible to make buy orders for the new 2016 festives (jag, kritzkrieg, natascha, et cetera). Currently these variants don't have their own stats page, so you can't make buy orders. The 2011, 2013, and 2014 festives do have stats pages. People can make sell orders on the 2016 festives though, but if you try to go to the stats page of the sold item it takes you to the non-festive variant. There's also no prices on the 2016 festives as far as I can see (although unique ones seem to go for around 10 ref).

EDIT: Just visited trade.tf and they don't have them either. This makes completing my collection quite difficult.

Agreed, I've been waiting for something like this since the festivizer came out. Makes it exceedingly difficult to find these items.

The reason for this is technical.

2010 - 2014 Festives are actually separate items where "Festive" is actually part of the item name. e.g. A Festive Scattergun is actually a completely separate item from the regular Scattergun and the item name is actually "Festive Scattergun".

Festivized items are actually the same item as the non-festivized version. e.g. A Festive Sandman is actually the same item as a regular Sandman and the item name is actually "Sandman".

The "Festive" part of the name with festivized items is modification akin to the Killstreak and Australium attributes. That creates a problem, as trying to support the Festive attribute means the site would have difficulty telling classic Festive items apart from festivized items. i.e. If you try to find a "Festive Scattergun" the site wouldn't be able to tell if you were searching for the item that is actually called "Festive Scattergun" or if you were searching for a Festivized Scattergun.

I mean the weapons which didn't have festive versions before 2016, like jag, natascha, sandman, et cetera, not the stock weapons from the first festive batch. The problem doesn't hold for them, as there is only one type of festive kritzkrieg, for example.

40 minutes ago, Magnus Dux Awesomiae XLII said:

I mean the weapons which didn't have festive versions before 2016, like jag, natascha, sandman, et cetera, not the stock weapons from the first festive batch. The problem doesn't hold for them, as there is only one type of festive kritzkrieg, for example.

I think you might need to re-read my post, because I think you misunderstood what I was explaining.

The reason the new festives don't have pages is because they are programmed differently to old festives.

Adding support for the new festives / festivized items to classifieds searches should be simple enough to do, but actually making pages for them would still be a technical issue.

• 2 months later...
On 3-8-2017 at 10:06 AM, Magnus Dux Awesomiae XLII said:

"Festivized" is a special quality just like paint or unusual effects. It's added ontop of an item. You can easily buy like 10 Festivizers and go to the TF2 wiki page and look at which weapons are Festivizable: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Festivizer

Archived