Remove Marketplace.tf bots off Top Inventories List

pewpewAttack

Everyone knows that the only reason people collect/trade unusuals Is to measure one's e-penis. With the emergence of bots my e-penis has felt smaller than unusual. This is very problematic for the trading community and if left as is I feel will ultimately crash the whole tf2 economy as a whole. The top inventories list should be reserved for real life human beings.

But those items don't belong to the bots, but the people that stored them there. I don't see why the bot here is a problem. I think that you're the first person with such a complain.

Also better start caring about the real penis instead of your e-penis.

2 minutes ago, Piterek said:

But those items don't belong to the bots, but the people that stored them there. I don't see why the bot here is a problem. I think that you're the first person with such a complain.

Also better start caring about the real penis instead of your e-penis.

That's what even makes it worst. The top inventories list should be individuals who ACTUALLY OWN their items. How can anyone's e-penis possibly be safe with bot inventories like these.

As regards to my real penis. My real penis is the size that it will be forever. The only thing I can make bigger is my e-penis.

Pride is a sin and you're sinnin' a wholllee lot.

But seriously, that's just wasted time on something that doesn't matter, it also makes finding whats in a bot harder and it skews the accuracy of the top backpacks.

2 hours ago, Juju said:

If you care about your placements in the top inventories thing, then the problem is you, not the bots.

Please sir. This is a very serious matter and a very serious topic. This is just a suggestion that I think will benefit all the community as a whole.

2 hours ago, Tomicide said:

Pride is a sin and you're sinnin' a wholllee lot.

But seriously, that's just wasted time on something that doesn't matter, it also makes finding whats in a bot harder and it skews the accuracy of the top backpacks.

I agree that it does skew the accuracy of the top backpacks. That's why they should be removed. This has been going on for the latter of 2 months now. I woke up 1 day and found out that I dropped 2 positions on the top inventory listing. I was in shock. In complete and utter awe. I raced to the top 100 page. And in my horror I saw that it was because of 2 bots. At first I didn't know what to do. I felt anger and despair. For 2 months I felt as if I could do nothing. I kept dropping from the top inventory listing. Needless to say I had many sleepless nights. My e-penis getting smaller and smaller, and there was nothing I could do about it. Today was different though, even though I have been heavily emasculated for months. I finally have the courage to stand up for what I believe in. I whole heartily believe that there are many of us on here that are scared that leaving the top listing inventory as is will destroy the economy. But I believe if we stand together and show that this has enough interest. That the backpack dev team will act swiftly implement this. I am speaking out for all those on here who feel the same way I do but are too afraid to admit it.

a quote from a dead game

"Money, Money, Money, Come now, get your dosh!"

yeah why count bots, sure it has virtual items for real people, but those virtual items arent part of a real persons account,  quite the conundrum really.

in my opinion bots should'nt be counted towards the top inventory, cause thats where people go to see whos the richest player in tf2, not to see which bot owns the most crap.

When people are worrying about a virtual online account ranking of potential value of pixelated items compared to bot accounts, when more serious shit is going on in the world today, you know we are all doomed. 

Every steam account is the same wether it is a bot or a normal user. How would they differentiate the accounts of a normal user vs a bot? Would it only be marketplace bots, and how would they know which accounts to remove from the top list? Yes I know Geel owns bp now so its "easier" to id their own bots, but why? So a you can move up a few positions in overall rank? I feel like the only people that would even remotely care about this are the like 3 people displaced from the top 50 by the marketplace bots.

15 hours ago, Budi said:

When people are worrying about a virtual online account ranking of potential value of pixelated items compared to bot accounts, when more serious shit is going on in the world today, you know we are all doomed. 

There's already a place here where you can voice your concern for such issues. 

https://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/forum/16-politics-religion-and-science/

15 hours ago, Points of Authority said:

a quote from a dead game

"Money, Money, Money, Come now, get your dosh!"

yeah why count bots, sure it has virtual items for real people, but those virtual items arent part of a real persons account,  quite the conundrum really.

in my opinion bots should'nt be counted towards the top inventory, cause thats where people go to see whos the richest player in tf2, not to see which bot owns the most crap.

Well said brother.

15 hours ago, ThePickleCat said:

Every steam account is the same wether it is a bot or a normal user. How would they differentiate the accounts of a normal user vs a bot? Would it only be marketplace bots, and how would they know which accounts to remove from the top list? Yes I know Geel owns bp now so its "easier" to id their own bots, but why? So a you can move up a few positions in overall rank? I feel like the only people that would even remotely care about this are the like 3 people displaced from the top 50 by the marketplace bots.

You are downplaying this very important super serious discussion. It would be fine if the situation was only 3 bots. If you look at the top 100, page 1, there are over 13 marketplace.tf bots, 1 opskins bot, 1 broker (I won't name but literally everything in his backpack says he's broking). Thats15 positions smaller my e-penis has to be because of this. Unless you are the top 5 people on bp.tf YOU ARE BEING DISPLACED ON THE TOP INVENTORY LIST. Mind you this is only page 1. I don't have the heart or the strength to bare knowing there be more bots on page 2. My heart wouldn't be able to handle it.

The people who put all their items in the bots are most likely being ranked down cause of it, when in reality they are above you anyways. So you would artifically inflate your position. Also keep in mind some private inventories are not counted, for example the real #1 most valueable backpack in the top list, so you would be even lower in reality. 

That's why I don't think its as big of as issue as you make it out to be.

• Like 1

there needs to be a community forums wide poll for this kind of topic it would be interesting to see how something like this would pan out, not everyone is brave enough to state their opinion on a topic like this, or even understand/care enough for a topic like this.

I feel like it would be pretty evenly distributed though, 10% Don't know or care, 40% Care, 40% are the bot owners, 10% like having bots displayed for multiple reasons(like checking histories and compare links)

or someone can make a filter to filter out bots, that always works too.

First off I would like to start of this post by thanking my long time friend ThePickleCat. And I would like to thank you for your unwavering support on this very important and very serious matter. And no matter how big/small your e-penis gets, I will forever be your friend and I hope you will forever and always be my friend however big/small mine gets.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Happysedits said:

Oh wow never noticed that bot 73 is 6th  1

I know right. Its really ashamed what has happened to the top inventories list. Sometimes I don't get any sleep because of it and its now starting to affect my personal life. Only thing we can do is hope that the bp.tf dev team is listening but then again really can't hope for much. Not like they update the site a lot to begin with, so we might get stuck with this crappy system for the foreseeable future.

20 hours ago, Points of Authority said:

there needs to be a community forums wide poll for this kind of topic it would be interesting to see how something like this would pan out, not everyone is brave enough to state their opinion on a topic like this, or even understand/care enough for a topic like this.

I feel like it would be pretty evenly distributed though, 10% Don't know or care, 40% Care, 40% are the bot owners, 10% like having bots displayed for multiple reasons(like checking histories and compare links)

or someone can make a filter to filter out bots, that always works too.

I'll be more than happy to have a poll on this. But when I try to edit my post I don't see any option to do so. Maybe the mods can help out?

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, Woifilicious said:

The people who put all their items in the bots are most likely being ranked down cause of it, when in reality they are above you anyways. So you would artifically inflate your position. Also keep in mind some private inventories are not counted, for example the real #1 most valueable backpack in the top list, so you would be even lower in reality. 

That's why I don't think its as big of as issue as you make it out to be.

* I have no problem with people owning bots. My problem is with marketplace.tf bots and opskin bots. These bots are a problem because you end up with situations listed below.

1) There are individuals with e-penis's that are so huge. And so massive. That when they SPILT THEIR INVENTORY  to sell on marketplace.tf and opskins, there is a situation where instead of being down 1 on the top inventories list. We are down by 2 slots on the top inventories list because of their main account being ranked above me but also the bot account. When in reality I should only be down 1 slot in the top inventories because its the same person.

2) There are individuals with micro-e-penis's that you would need a microscope in order to see something so tiny. The problem is that there is strength in numbers. While these micro-e-penis pose no threat on their own, when you have 100's of micro-e-penis's being shoved in 1 bot. The end result is being down 1 slot when I shouldn't have to be down 1 slot.

I didn't want to force myself to view the top 5 pages on the top inventories list. But if I have to torture myself in order to better this community which I've grown the love. So be it. Again i'll let the numbers talk

page 1 : 11 marketplace.tf bots

page 2 : 20 marketplace.tf bots

page 3 : 12 marketplace.tf bots , 2 opskins bots

page 4 : 7 marketplace.tf bots

page 5 : 7 marketplace.tf bots.

Altogether in just the first 5 pages of the top inventories list. That's 59 slots alone higher I should be ranked.

As far as private backpacks go. They are private for a reason. They don't want to be harassed by the community hence their backpack not being shown on the top backpack list. I see no issue with this as this is self inflicted.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, pewpewAttack said:

I give up. Now private inventories are now being listed on the top inventories list and my e-penis has been destroyed another 55 ranks.

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198112217552

does that mean you could basically send your items to one account to jump up to top place, make your inv private, send it to another, jump up with that account too and do this infinitely and flooding the top list page?  1

On 7/25/2017 at 7:42 PM, pewpewAttack said:

I know right. Its really ashamed what has happened to the top inventories list. Sometimes I don't get any sleep because of it and its now starting to affect my personal life.

You require serious psychological attention.

• Haha 1

if this were a super serious topic, i would like to point out that one of the web developers could just make a filter to filter out bots and private inventories.

but poor pewpew has been completely devastated by this if were still goofing.

still standing by my own opinion that bots should'nt be included in the top list for obviously mentioned reasons prior.

Oh dear. This is the best troll post I've ever seen on these forums in my two year here. Have a Geel for your efforts OP. :geel: