New Computer Set

ksolis01

Want to see others people input on the set I am getting:

Monitor->$200, some exclusive sale that only lasted a day-> already got it for pick up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-24-led-fhd-monitor-black/8767099.p?skuId=8767099

Computer:

https://m.costco.com/Acer-Predator-G3-Gaming-Tower---Intel-Core-i7---8GB-Graphics-.product.100342463.html

Major issue that has a fix which is all in the reviews. Costco has a free 2 year warranty extension which makes it very attractive to buy here, computer insurance is very pricy elsewhere 

Games: The highest requirement game I plan to run for now is Resident Evil 7. I do plan on buying more AAA games though.

Overall: My main questions are how solid is the set for gaming and how long till it is outdated? The 32 gb ram is overkill ik. Also, I have down extensive research since this is a big purchase but... anything that is a better value? Dollar wise vs specs specifically/

It's a nice rig. Pretty hard to beat for the price. Essentially getting half off of the 1070. The bios issues are a bit worrying though, but if you think you can fix it, go for it.

As your monitor supports a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 @144 hz. Nvidia 1070 will kill every single game at that resolution no matter how demanding. You can even game at 1440p with this rig.

Here is link to graphics card review of 1070 as your concern is gaming (It is a very extensive review among 1070 cards. If you want brief info about the power of this card watch from .40 sec to 4:00 minutes)that will answer your concern - 

Secondly, About being outdated. I have a Intel Core i5 2400 which is almost 5-6 year old now but can run battlefield 1with a 1050 ti at 1080p at high details very smoothly. I think you should be fine for anywhere between 3-5 years with this rig very easily.

About, Better prices and stuff I am not sure cause I live in a different country and prices are very different here.

Honestly not that bad a deal for a pre-built.

If you do buy it considering looking at PSU it has. Sometimes they cheap out on them in pre-builts.

It won't be outdated for ages, in fact it's overkill considering you're playing at 1080p, so don't worry about that.